HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Help pretty confused

<< < (3/7) > >>

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: Notsureaboutmyname on January 25, 2013, 07:56:17 PM ---Yeah, it was pretty bad. I could tell they thought I was just gross. Like "how can that happen?" Kind of adds to the whole I feel gross and dirty thing. All my friends that I have told tell me I am building everything up in my head, but I am freaked out. I know it sounds silly but I am honestly afraid that I was passed around.

I guess I should focus on making it through PeP, but it's still hard not to focus. I called another doc today to get his opinion on those test. I get a final one back on Monday that will let me know if I contracted gonorrhea and chlamydia. But with the proviral dna test why would the prescribe 28 days of PeP if they could find out so soon? I know that it's not for detecting HIV but honestly at this moment I'm just confused.

--- End quote ---

All you can do - all you NEED to do - is to take your meds, focus on the day, and get through this. Your tests will run regardless of your anxiety level. YOu need to take care of yourself right now, and let the rest of it sort out. I have every confidence that you are going to be OK.

Notsureaboutmyname:
Could I ask you about kaletra? Just wondering how instant the effect hit you? On my first dose I hit the restroom about an hour or two after I took it. In the morning I still kind of will have the same experience. Does this sound familiar?

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: Notsureaboutmyname on January 25, 2013, 09:22:43 PM ---Could I ask you about kaletra? Just wondering how instant the effect hit you? On my first dose I hit the restroom about an hour or two after I took it. In the morning I still kind of will have the same experience. Does this sound familiar?

--- End quote ---

Kaletra attacks HIV where it propagates most - in the gut (intestines.)

It is not at all shocking that you experienced intestinal issues. That's a combination of the Kaletra, AZT, and 3TC. Potent doesn't even start the conversation.

Notsureaboutmyname:
Think that's a good sign? Seems like the whole first day I was on the stuff I was using the restroom left and right. I don't know I guess it just is doing what it is supposed to do. I know this is just well wishing but do you all really get that good of feedback about PeP even people that take it late?

I'm just wondering about the timeframe for PeP. 40 hours should be ok, correct? I know you guys can't say I'm just looking for some reassurance. After all the numbers and talk on the web I'm just glad to talk to you guys.

Anne, what are your feeling on the viral DNA test while on PeP?

Notsureaboutmyname:
So I have another question I keep hearing/reading reports of unprotected encounters. Most say within 24 hours, but all mention the three day rule. I started PEP at 40 or so hours... I know you cant quilfy anything but is that time frame ok? Also, I keep reading you stand a lot less of a chance from a one time encounter. If so, is this true? I'm confused by the repeated exposure and time frame for PEP. Do you have experience talking to people that had high risk exposures and didn't start PEP till later? From what I can piece together the hell I went through was brief and defiantly a one time thing.

Can you all point me to a more viable report? Something you all trust other than something I find stumbling around google and find?

Thank you for everything. It's honestly a relief talking about this right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version