HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

A schizophrenic with possible HIV infection.

(1/5) > >>

gorokhan2:
Hello there. I am extremely worried that I have contracted HIV. I am 25 years old and over my period of growth I had developed paranoid schizophrenia thanks to some horrifying events in my life. Putting my mental condition aside, my current situation is driving me off the edge to suicide. If you have the time, please assess my risk factors according to my scenario.

I recently visited a massage parlor in Auckland (First & only time, thanks to a recent breakup with the woman I truly love) and received an unprotected handjob from a lady. I was naked and the lady was naked as well. Apart from the handjob for 30 minutes, nothing else happened. She had fingered herself for sometime and probably had some vaginal fluids on her hand when she was performing the handjob on me. There must have been a time gap of 15-30 seconds between her fingering herself and her performing the handjob on me. She also used some body oil for the handjob. I am afraid that the oil might have some surviving HIV and I might have contracted it through the oil massage on my penis. Now, please help me assess my risk factors, in case the parlor lady is indeed HIV positive,

1) Would I be infected with HIV when she performed a handjob on me while she had her vaginal fluids on her hand?

2) If the oil had HIV from previous customers, would I be infected as well through the handjob?

3) Should I get tested for HIV? At http://fastest.co.nz/ (Which provides HIV results in 20 minutes for free)

4) There was no vaginal sex, anal sex or oral sex involved. It was only a handjob mentioned in the current scenario. Is it even possible to get HIV through hand jobs? (She had no cuts on her and even I didn't have any cuts on me.)

Please let me know if I am at a risk. I haven't had any sleep since the incident (Which happened almost a week ago) and my health is going down the drain thanks to my anxiety. I am pretty sure now, that I will never go ahead with such moments again. If indeed, I am HIV positive, I have no other choice but to suicide. I am sorry if I am being annoying in anyway. I also apologize beforehand, if you find me highly ignorant regarding the issue of HIV infection. Thanks in Advance. :)

Ann:
Goro,

1. Absolutely not. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. For this reason you have no reason to be concerned about vaginal fluids on her hands or in the oil.

2. Absolutely not. See answer #1 above.

3. Any sexually active adult should be having a full sexual health check up at least once a year, although you do not need to test specifically following this NO RISK encounter.

4. Not one person has ever been infected through getting a handjob and you aren't going to be the first. No way, no how.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST FOR HIV SPECIFICALLY FOLLOWING A NO RISK HANDJOB, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

gorokhan2:
Hello Ann,
              I so admire the guidance you and your colleagues are providing to people around the world. Seriously, I salute your commitment. Thanks for your direct and informative answer. After reading all the materials on this website related to HIV, my mind is at ease. Please let me tell you about my history. I never had sex with my ex Girlfriend and every physical contact we had together was casual. And on top of that, before we even considered having casual contact with each other (Like Fellatio, Kissing and Hugging naked), we both clinically tested to be HIV negative. And both of us never had any relationships outside our own relationship. So, I believe there is no risk of HIV at all. And she was the only woman in my life.

Now, the current massage parlor handjob incident is the only time where I had casual contact with another woman. And the whole incident occurred exactly as I have mentioned. I remember it clearly because I don't drink and I am with my senses all the time. Hence, with respect, to my current situation you've stated that I am at no risk of HIV infection. And you've also stated that I don't need to go for a HIV test. And to be honest, I am a virgin and never had sex in any form possible. And even in the future, I will not have sex till I am sure that my partner and I are both tested negatively for HIV.

I am stating my entire history related to my virginity because you've stated that " Any sexually active adult should be having a full sexual health check up at least once a year". So, in your rational belief, as per my case, do I go ahead for a HIV rapid test or just forget about the whole incident and move on with my life with no more unnecessary thoughts?

Note:- And also, I've never been in any form of contact in my life apart from the two women mentioned in this post. And all my physical contacts with women have been casual and nothing more than that.

Ann:
Goro,

None of the activities you list are risks for hiv infection.

You do not need an hiv test.

Ann

gorokhan2:
Thank you, Ann. As per your guidance and my scenario, I will no longer think about getting myself tested unnecessarily. From the bottom of my moral existence, Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version