Main Forums > Living With HIV

Mouth Ulcers

<< < (4/4)

oksikoko:
Hey, YellowFever.

I'm not at all implying that this is your situation, but for anyone reading the thread with a similar-sounding problem, I thought I'd throw this out there. Even if the cause is different, the advice might still be useful.

If you smoke certain drugs (meth, for example), you can get a thing called 'speed bumps' in your mouth, mostly on the tongue. They can make eating - and sometimes even speaking - difficult. Brushing and regular mouthwash habits can be hard to keep up with because of the pain. The best way to get rid of them, of course, is to stop smoking. However, that's not helpful if you already have them. Anecdotally, using a mouth rinse like Biotene or any generic equivalent (CVS has one for about 25% cheaper than the name brand) helps these heal faster - from a week to a few days. If money isn't a problem, you can even get gum with the same ingredients. It's not all that expensive, but it's definitely more per dose than just using the rinse.

Alcohol-based mouthwash is probably not great for other reasons, and anyone, drug user or not, can probably benefit from switching to something like Biotene. I own no stock in the company. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version