Main Forums > Living With HIV

Mouth Ulcers

(1/4) > >>

YellowFever:
Hi all,

I've been having frequent mouth ulcers (~once a month) and they are quite bothersome to treat (applying Dexamethasone paste onto the would). Left untreated, it usually takes about 10-14 days to clear (which is a pain-in-the-mouth). I'm wondering if anyone has more convenient solutions to this? (Special ingredient to look for in a mouthwash, patches, tablets...?)

Common_ground:
I had one annoying bugger on the inside of my lower lip, kept reoccurring for some months even after I started meds but then it just stopped and havent come back ever since.

I also had a friend who kept getting these , turns out he was allergic to some foods, cant recall what but anyhow he stopped eating it and voila no more ulcers.

Some sores/ulcers can also be caused by herpes.

Ann:

--- Quote from: YellowFever on January 25, 2013, 01:43:16 AM ---Hi all,

I've been having frequent mouth ulcers (~once a month) and they are quite bothersome to treat (applying Dexamethasone paste onto the would). Left untreated, it usually takes about 10-14 days to clear (which is a pain-in-the-mouth). I'm wondering if anyone has more convenient solutions to this? (Special ingredient to look for in a mouthwash, patches, tablets...?)

--- End quote ---

Has a doctor or dentist prescribed this dexamethasone paste or have you been self-prescribing?

If I were you, I'd go to a dentist who is experienced in treating hiv positive patients and get to the bottom of what's going on.

LiveWithIt:
If they are canker sore type blisters they are probably caused by herpes type 1 which most people have, and it is most easily cleared up with Valtrex. 

YellowFever:
Self-prescribed. These aren't sores at the edge of the lip but deep inside the inner linings of the mouth. I doubt it is Herpes as my doctor ran tests for co-infections when I first tested poz and I do not have any STDs other than HIV. But yeah, maybe a visit to the dentist is in order. Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version