Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

I Finally Got Some Trazodone

<< < (2/6) > >>

WestSide:
I like it.  It just causes eye dryness and constipation with me.  Now that I've been diagnosed with HIV I have had to up my dosage to sleep through the night.  I don't notice it doing anything for me as far as an AD.  I do notice some dizziness with it.  Before I was diagnosed I would only take 1/4 of a pill to sleep through the night otherwise I would feel tired the next day.

BT65:
Trazadone is an anti-depressant.  It used to be prescribed as Deseryl.  It works very well for sleep and I would not worry about tolerance.  A lot of doctors use it for addicts who have sleep issues. 

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: RobbyR on January 24, 2013, 05:36:06 PM ---

How long before bed should I take it?  Any risk of tolerance issues with it?

--- End quote ---

I take 100mg approx 15 minutes before I intend to fall asleep, it hits me pretty fast and does an amazing job getting me under (which was my problem). I've been on it for 4 or 5 years, and the same dose still works excellent for me. I am "allowed" to take 200mg but have never had to go up to that.

I think you will do well and be very pleased with it. Congrats and Sleep tight!

-Will

RobbyR:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on January 25, 2013, 06:47:11 PM ---I take 100mg approx 15 minutes before I intend to fall asleep, it hits me pretty fast and does an amazing job getting me under (which was my problem). I've been on it for 4 or 5 years, and the same dose still works excellent for me. I am "allowed" to take 200mg but have never had to go up to that.

I think you will do well and be very pleased with it. Congrats and Sleep tight!

-Will

--- End quote ---

WillyWump, my issue also has been falling asleep and dayum that Trazodone don't mess around, I was out like a light on it and I just sliced the 50 mg in half to start and it worked on me. Do you have to take yours every night or only as needed? My doc didn't write me any refills, but if this round keeps working for me, I will definately ask for some! I am also considering changing regimens so maybe I won't need the Trazodone ultimately!  8)

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: RobbyR on February 04, 2013, 05:48:00 PM ---WillyWump, my issue also has been falling asleep and dayum that Trazodone don't mess around, I was out like a light on it and I just sliced the 50 mg in half to start and it worked on me. Do you have to take yours every night or only as needed? My doc didn't write me any refills, but if this round keeps working for me, I will definately ask for some! I am also considering changing regimens so maybe I won't need the Trazodone ultimately!  8)

--- End quote ---

Isnt it great! its like getting hit over the head with a shovel but without the pain.

I take it every night, have so for years. still works like a charm.

Hope you continue to get some nice sleep. ;)

-WIll

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version