Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

I Finally Got Some Trazodone

<< < (5/6) > >>

BT65:
I have some Trazadone in my cupboard and may give it another try this weekend.  I don't have problems getting to sleep, it's staying asleep that is my problem.  Plus I've done some weird things in my sleep, like burning my arm, which required Silvadene cream, waking up with my leg all scratched up, and a few nights ago I woke up, sitting straight up, with my legs over the side of the bed.  I have no idea how these things happen and my doctor told me without someone being here to verify, it's hard to say if I'm walking in my sleep. 

So anyway, I may give the Traz another try.

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: BT65 on February 14, 2013, 05:26:02 PM ---I have some Trazadone in my cupboard and may give it another try this weekend.  I don't have problems getting to sleep, it's staying asleep that is my problem. 

--- End quote ---

Betina, have you tried taking Intermezzo? It's a new medication for people who specifically wake up in mid-sleep. It was just FDA approved in the past year.

BT65:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on February 14, 2013, 05:41:04 PM ---Betina, have you tried taking Intermezzo? It's a new medication for people who specifically wake up in mid-sleep. It was just FDA approved in the past year.

--- End quote ---

No I haven't tried it Ms. P, but have seen the ads.  I would have to ask my doctor about that one.  He's hesitant to prescribe meds that act like Ambien, Lunesta etc due to my addiction issues.  I've just read that Intermezzo is kind of in the same class as those.  I did try Rozerem but it didn't work. 

I really would like something to take long term since I don't see this insomnia going away any time soon.  At least while menopause is happening.

Ms P, have you run the gauntlet of sleep meds?  What you experience sounds awful, and similar to what was happening to me when I took Isentress.  Is there anything (besides Remeron) that you can use? 

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: BT65 on February 15, 2013, 05:38:51 AM ---
Ms P, have you run the gauntlet of sleep meds?  What you experience sounds awful, and similar to what was happening to me when I took Isentress.  Is there anything (besides Remeron) that you can use? 

--- End quote ---

Actually if you're referring to that period of nightmares I was having a month or two ago that all suddenly stopped. I still have insomnia issues at times but I think that's more "me" than the medication. By that I mean when I go home to visit my parents and am not so much on a computer or using my smartphone it's less of an issue (still there, but cut by half let's say) and I can get to sleep at a decent hour. So that's why I still hesitate to take a sleep med, but may end up going that route eventually anyway.

freaky_dream:
Trazodone is great as well if you need to reestablish your sleeping pattern again. I had a hard time sleeping after having gone from a graveayard shift to a regular shift and used Trazodone to correct my sleeping times. The only catch as has been mentioned, is that you can grow tolerant to it. In addition if you quit cold turkey you can have a rebound effect. I ended up tapering my doses each night by cutting them into even smaller pieces each time. Was fine within two weeks and without the need for anymore Trazodone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version