Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

I Finally Got Some Trazodone

(1/6) > >>

RobbyR:
Today I saw my GP and we discussed my sleep issues. She agreed to give me some Trazodone at last! I am looking forward to trying it and seeing if it helps me have more restful nights. I am hopeful because I've heard good comments about it on here. I know it is actually an older anti-depressant (not an ssri thank god) but it is mostly used today for sleep. The pharmacist at cvs actually told me they don't make the name brand anymore, so I got the generic. She said to make sure I allow 8 hours if I am going to take it. It says to take it with food, so not sure how I will do that at night because I have to take my atripla on an empty stomach. Maybe a light snack will do.

How long before bed should I take it? Being a non-ssri, hoping it doesn't have the nasty sexual side effects some of them have, so hopefully I won't have to worry about my penis going awol lol. She only gave me a 30 day supply, so hoping it works for me. Any risk of tolerance issues with it?

Jeff G:
Trazodone is my wonder drug . I take it about 30 minutes before bedtime and sleep all night on just 50 mg of it . It also works very well for my depression and pain issues .

Expect the best and perhaps it will work as well for you . Best of luck ! .

RobbyR:
Thanks jg, I am hopeful, I've heard super reviews about Traz on here! I'm just glad I have something to help me sleep when I need it, and not have to worry about Ambien/Lunesta, definately will avoid those like the plague! I'll probably have to get some refills if works as well as I'm hoping! Any sexual side effects from it?

Miss Philicia:
I've taken Ambien and Lunesta with no issue, but they are not intended and never were as far as I know for chronic sleep issues. Or at least that was the case when they first came on the market. I'm sure some doctors write scripts for that. I used to take them on trans-Atlantic flights when I needed enough sleep to function once the plane landed.

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: RobbyR on January 24, 2013, 07:58:09 PM ---Thanks jg, I am hopeful, I've heard super reviews about Traz on here! I'm just glad I have something to help me sleep when I need it, and not have to worry about Ambien/Lunesta, definately will avoid those like the plague! I'll probably have to get some refills if works as well as I'm hoping! Any sexual side effects from it?

--- End quote ---

Trazodone is not known to have any sexual side effects except for possible prolonged erections that Im aware of . I think you indicated in other threads you were in need of an antidepressant . Please keep in mind that there is no one pill thats right for all people scenario when it comes to treating anxiety and depression . At some point you are going to have to take a leap of faith and try a medication for awhile to see if its right for you . You seem very worried about sexual side effects , don't be . If by chance you have a side effect of any sort it will only be short lived and you will be no less off had you not tried anything at all .

If the doctors offer you treatment , chill out , relax and try it . It couldn't possibly be any worse than the anxiety you are having already .

Im just trying to be honest with you so please don't misread my tone , you are doing the right thing reaching out for help .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version