Main Forums > Living With HIV

Two Florida Men Accused of HIV Non Disclosure to Minor

<< < (2/7) > >>

Miss Philicia:
Hey Theo: Should the parents be liable for buying their kid a smartphone? Should the owners of Gridr be held liable for having a product that, obviously, someone underage can circumvent their Terms of Service?

bocker3:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on January 24, 2013, 05:51:46 PM ---Curious whether this changes any minds, especially if the boy tests poz.  The age of consent is 18 in FL, which surprises me.  I thought it would be 13. 

Should additional charges be applied, if the boy tests poz?  Or, regardless?  He was not old enough to consent or know the consequences.  It is unclear what all they did.  Was there anal sex?

Just asking questions.

--- End quote ---

Change my mind about what exactly?

Whether they should have disclosed? -- No -- I think they should.

Whether non-disclosure should be criminal -- No -- it should not, regardless of transmission.  Especially since no other disease transmission is criminal.

As for the minor thing -- if they are found guilty of statutory rape, so be it - the kid did misrepresent his age, but that is what a court is for -- to deal with that.  Of course, I knew the deal when I was 16 -- hell I had a 1 year old when I was 16, so age of consent is a nebulous thing in my mind.

If he turns up poz -- and it can be shown to the proper standard (preponderence of the evidence, or some such) that these guys were the source, I haven't a huge issue with a civil case -- but not a criminal one.

M

buginme2:

--- Quote from: bocker3 on January 24, 2013, 07:00:47 PM ---
Whether they should have disclosed? -- No -- I think they should.

Whether non-disclosure should be criminal -- No -- it should not, regardless of transmission.  Especially since no other disease transmission is criminal.

--- End quote ---

Agreed

thunter34:
Erm...did anyone else pick up on the fact that the kid couldn't pick out either one of them from a photo lineup?  He got completely plowed by two men and made out with both in a hot tub and couldn't remember what either looked like and had to find them through a "controlled text messages"?

Hmmm....mighty strong poppers.

Jeff G:
[quote author=thunter34 link=topic=47047.msg573501#msg573501 date=1359083
He got completely plowed by two men and made out with both in a hot tub and couldn't remember what either looked like .
[/quote]

stop judging me  :) .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version