Main Forums > Living With HIV

Good news time

<< < (2/3) > >>

wolfter:
Great results!!!!  Continue the course and thanks for sharing your positive experience.

Wolfie

tednlou2:
Congrats, Bob.  All the best on continued success.

bob_89q:
Oh my.
I am so happy that people have commented.
I suppose I want to take control, and not let the condition control me.
Now, let me tell u that a health worker (and ex friend) took an unauthorised look at my medical notes then 'accidentally' disclosed my status. His defence - he was so shocked to see that I had HIV he had to tell people to reduce his shock!
When I found out and told the managers they just told him not to do it again! Now I don't feel I can work with him.

thunter34:

--- Quote from: bob_89q on January 24, 2013, 07:10:27 AM ---Oh my.
I suppose I want to take control, and not let the condition control me.

--- End quote ---

^ YES YES YES.

--- Quote from: bob_89q on January 24, 2013, 07:10:27 AM ---Now, let me tell u that a health worker (and ex friend) took an unauthorised look at my medical notes then 'accidentally' disclosed my status. His defence - he was so shocked to see that I had HIV he had to tell people to reduce his shock!

--- End quote ---

While not a medical worker, I have also had this experience...where people just had to put their needs first and soften the shock for themselves by blabbing to others.  Poor dears.

wolfter:

--- Quote from: thunter34 on January 24, 2013, 08:11:24 AM ---

While not a medical worker, I have also had this experience...where people just had to put their needs first and soften the shock for themselves by blabbing to others.  Poor dears.

--- End quote ---

I imagine a lot of have experienced this.  My own dear baby sister "outed" me to someone within our local area years ago.  A barmaid no less.  The next time I stopped at the pub, she asked me about my condition and inquired how I was doing.

I felt so terrible for my sis having to go through that pain. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version