Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Once you go black... Obama's 2nd Term

<< < (3/11) > >>

mecch:
Yeah its a sea change alright.

(Do you all remember when Obama expressed his personal opinion about gay marriage, and some people in this forum wondered if he'd shot himself in the foot?)

(Canadian Martin Short was on this weeks Bill Maher and he expressed the outsiders view that Americans believe in the fallacies -- about impossibilities for social changes and policy changes. When change is often possible.)

(It's silly to invite a star cellist to play if the typical weather precludes him playing live.  What's Beyonce's excuse?  A little authenticity would have been appreciated.)

tednlou2:
I do believe presidents have to power to influence views.  Under Bush, we had several state amendments.  It felt like we were going backward.  President Obama did not make all this change happen.  The hard work of activists and ordinary people have brought the change.  And, yes, gay characters in film and TV make a big difference. 

But, a president has the power to take all that hard work, and give it a very loud voice.  Hell, Kennedy influenced men wearing hats.  And, I do get tired of hearing the younger generations are awful.  Actually, in terms of tolerance and being concerned about their fellow man, the younger generations have the old beat. 

About Beyonce, I like an artist who can sing live.  I hope it was due to a sore throat.  Otherwise, why do it?  Turn it down and let someone else do it. 

WillyWump:
The only thing I actually enjoyed was the Poet Richard Blanco. He was so awesome.

-Will

Miss Philicia:
I enjoyed how they played Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam with Full Force ‎ I Wonder If I Take You Home and Shannon's Let the Music Play at one of the inaugural balls. Clearly some 50 year old homosexual was DJing. Or is that era's music in fashion at the moment? If so I may have to get a DJ job. Again.

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on January 22, 2013, 06:43:40 PM ---I enjoyed how they played Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam with Full Force ‎ I Wonder If I Take You Home and Shannon's Let the Music Play at one of the inaugural balls. Clearly some 50 year old homosexual was DJing. Or is that era's music in fashion at the moment? If so I may have to get a DJ job. Again.

--- End quote ---

You cant go back to work , you will lose your Ryan White Amish Cheese Copay Assistance benefits .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version