Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Diet Soda Linked to Depression...

<< < (9/10) > >>

mecch:

--- Quote from: elf on February 01, 2013, 06:57:58 PM ---I used to drink one 2L bottle or two a day  :-[).

--- End quote ---

Holy crap.   8)

Im sure a diet soda now and then isn't a problem. 

DrewEm:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on January 22, 2013, 12:04:58 PM ---I drink a lot of water (filtered tap, courtesy of the Delaware River watershed), and otherwise coffee or tea (no sugar in either).

--- End quote ---

Lucky you! I get slightly filtered Schuylkill Punch in my part of South Philly.

I drink water. Lots of water. My urine is usually clear I drink so much. I've never been a coffee drinker. When I splurge it's a vanilla Coke.

oksikoko:
Someone up there said: "Sorry to have strayed off topic here but looking at your link, it appears that most southerners use the term "Coke" as a generic term for soda/pop??? THAT is just plain weird. So they say, "I'm going to the store to get some coke" when they really were picking up root beer? Does not compute. "

It's because Coca-Cola is based out of Atlanta and had a large influence in that area. If you wanted a carbonated sugary beverage with no alcohol (phew that's a mouthful), it would be Coke regardless, so Southerners just called it "coke" the way you might get a (small letters on purpose) kleenex, a q-tip, xerox or bandaid.

By the time there was an alternative, it was too late.

But I'm from Kentucky, we drink Ale-8-One. ;)

Jeff G:
My Aunt and Uncle were thrifty shoppers and used to buy Shasta soda for us when we came to visit . The creme and grape were my favorite followed by orange , never liked the plain Shasta cola .

mitch777:

--- Quote from: oksikoko on February 08, 2013, 09:43:24 PM ---

By the time there was an alternative, it was too late.

--- End quote ---

Ha! You said a mouthful! ;D
LOL!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version