Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

POZ Cruise 2013

<< < (2/4) > >>

WindySkies:
Looks interesting, but alas no one to go with, and not sure about the roommate connection they provide?

Would probably go if I had someone to go with and share a cabin with.  Cruises are fun.

Hellraiser:
I've been here for like 3 years and didn't even know there was a cruise.

tednlou2:
I am sure this will be taken completely wrong, but are there 30-Somethings who go?  In the video, it seemed like men in their 50's and 60's.  Don't get me wrong, I get along with anyone.  I get made fun of for chatting up our 80 year-old neighbor.  People ask whether we are dating.  It is nice to have people in your age group as well.  That's all I'm saying. 

I have never taken a cruise.  It never really appealed to me, but so many say I must take a cruise at some point.

WindySkies:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on January 30, 2013, 01:14:34 AM ---I am sure this will be taken completely wrong, but are there 30-Somethings who go?  In the video, it seemed like men in their 50's and 60's.  Don't get me wrong, I get along with anyone.  I get made fun of for chatting up our 80 year-old neighbor.  People ask whether we are dating.  It is nice to have people in your age group as well.  That's all I'm saying. 

I have never taken a cruise.  It never really appealed to me, but so many say I must take a cruise at some point.

--- End quote ---

I was a bit skeptical about cruises at first as well, until I went on one.  I had the time of my life, and that was only a weekend cruise!

I did notice the older crowd in the video as well, hence my concern about getting paired up with someone out of my age range.

Blixer:
From my past experience I will say there was a good mix.  Yes, it probably did tend a bit toward the over 40 as opposed to the under 40.  That may be partly because it is a POZ cruise and sometimes it is the more mature that folks that have the opportunity to do the traveling.   Just speculation there.

I will say that I've always had a good time and Paul, the travel agent organizing the cruise says he usually does a good job pairing people up. 

The thing that does have me holding off at the moment though is the same concern you voice WindySkies and that's getting paired up with someone out of your age range.  If I had someone I was comfortable with, I'd go in a flash.  I may still sign up and search for a potential cabin mate on my own.  You have up until the final payment date to find one on your own.

tedinlou2--the two times I went there were some guys in their 20s and several in their 30s, although the majority were probably 40 and older.  Cruises can be loads of fun.  I love doing them!  But some people take one and never care to take another.  It's all a matter of taste and what you like.  One of my favorite parts is evening dining experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version