Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Starting treatment : what to choose from?

<< < (4/6) > >>

GChastain:
dont even waste ur time in answering those kind of comments

WindySkies:

--- Quote from: Ann on January 21, 2013, 06:20:30 AM ---They involve more than one pill, but what's the big deal about only one pill? I don't get it.

--- End quote ---

You make this statement quite frequently, so it can be said your reasoning can go for both wanting to take only one pill, or being ok with taking multiple pills.  It's personal choice when it comes down to it.

If the OP wants to stick to one pill, then good for him.  If you're ok with multiple pills, good for you.  Obviously his preferred choice is the single pill, so might as well let him go that route, then let him go for option two if the first one doesn't work.

I wanted to go the single pill route as well.  Why?  Because I just wanted one pill to manage.  I am completely capable of managing multiple pills, but I feel better with one.  Had there been no single pill options, I would have gone the multi-pill option with zero hesitation.

There is no need to constantly degrade people because they want what's convenient for them.

Ann:

--- Quote from: WindySkies on February 07, 2013, 01:39:15 PM ---
There is no need to constantly degrade people because they want what's convenient for them.

--- End quote ---

Huh? If you think my occasional mention of how I am mystified that some people will chose a combo that has a higher side-effect profile over one with a lower side-effect profile just because the former is only one pill and the latter isn't, is "constantly degrading people", then I'm also mystified as to what to say to you.

Maybe -  "Grow a thicker skin. You're going to need it in order to thrive with hiv."

Jeff G:
Hi Windy , I have often ask the same question or replied the same as Ann did in this thread about pill counting when considering a regimen . I never thought anyone would ever take offense to it the way you have though .

There are so many post by people who's time has come to begin meds who worry about side effects and all the other considerations that goes into choosing the right combo . Asking or suggesting not getting too hung up on a one a day combo greatly increases choices and options when making that decision , it would seem that NOT bringing this up is to not give sound advice to the person who ask for it .

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: WindySkies on February 07, 2013, 01:39:15 PM ---

--- End quote ---

That's rude

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version