Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

New Member with Questions

<< < (8/9) > >>

WestSide:
Thanks for the reply!  I will definitely post updates.

WestSide:
Got my test results today:

30 Days on Stribild:

Went from 25,700 VL to just 24
CD4 from 389 to 570.

All my blood tests came back normal but my ALT is at 76 and PLT is at 128.
I will see my doctor on 3/11 to discuss my test results.

I wonder what he will have to say.  Has anyone had an issue with their liver enzymes being at this range?  Do your blood platelets stay low with HIV?

Thank you!

Oneday/undia:
With any of these drugs I am just worried about how they will effect my organs.  I am also worried and hope that I will be able to function at work when I do start.  The one thing I don't see posted on here is the window of taking your meds.  I mean do people take their meds exactly the same time every day to the minute or do people vary day to day within a few hours?  I was wanting to take my meds at bedtime to reduce any side-effects but after reading it may be better to take them at lunch. 
[/quote]

I have been on meds for 4 years and never have any side effects and i just switch to stribild 3 moths ago and is working great.i also take cymbalta for depression. I take both in the morning during the week i usually take it at the same hour but not in the weekends that would depend at what time i wake up. So far no problems and they being working great

WestSide:
My doctor said the platelets is related to HIV and may get better over time I think.
As far as my ALT - he wants to order a more conclusive test for Hep C.  I sure hope I don't have that.  He said the HIV can sometimes give you a false negative with the antibody test so thee is another test  out there that can help rule this out.  I just think I have a sensitive liver.  My enzymes have always increased if I take any medications but we shall see in a month what else there is to report.  I take Effexor for my depression and anxiety

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: WestSide on March 13, 2013, 09:02:56 PM ---My doctor said the platelets is related to HIV and may get better over time I think.
As far as my ALT - he wants to order a more conclusive test for Hep C.  I sure hope I don't have that.  He said the HIV can sometimes give you a false negative with the antibody test so thee is another test  out there that can help rule this out.  I just think I have a sensitive liver.  My enzymes have always increased if I take any medications but we shall see in a month what else there is to report.  I take Effexor for my depression and anxiety

--- End quote ---

HIV can only give you a "false negative" if you test before your body produces antibodies - before three months. The tests are actually skewed towards heightened sensitivity- meaning you are mor likel to get a false negative, which a Western Blot would rule out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version