Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

New Member with Questions

<< < (7/9) > >>

WestSide:
That's great to hear.  I am looking forward to starting this Friday.  I can't wait to feel better and on the edge of feeling like I will get sick.  I feel like such a germaphobe right now too because everyone around me has the flu or the norovirus.  I have been keeping myself away from people as much as I can because I don't want that to interfere with me starting my meds.  I keep staring at the bottle and thinking that 2/1 will be the day I take a pill the same time every day for the rest of my life.  I am thinking I will take it with my last meal of the day in private and hopefully I will be fine to sleep on it.  I told my doctor my plan and he seems fine with it.  Thank you for your comments mb.

Ann:

--- Quote from: mobileballs on January 30, 2013, 11:35:22 PM ---Ann, You and I have the same combo.  My story is here somewhere so you can read.  Since I have been on meds I feel like a completely different person now.  All the little problems I was having went away which includes nerve pain in my arms and legs.  Now, I am not saying the HIV contributed to the nerve issues but it did start when I got shingles the first time.

One positive thing about my meds - It really has helped me organize the way I take care of myself.

--- End quote ---

Good to hear. :)

--- Quote from: WestSide on January 31, 2013, 12:13:55 AM ---
I feel like such a germaphobe right now too because everyone around me has the flu or the norovirus.  I have been keeping myself away from people as much as I can because I don't want that to interfere with me starting my meds. 

--- End quote ---

The best thing you can do to prevent catching either the flu or the norovirus is to wash your hands regularly and keep them away from your face as much as possible. Rubbing your eyes or putting your fingers in your mouth after you've touched something someone with the flu or norovirus has touched with unwashed hands can lead to infection.

This time of year when these viruses are making the rounds I carry a small bottle of antibacterial hand gel with me when I'm out and about and use it regularly. One thing that makes me paranoid (and I'm no germophobe, believe me) is the handles on shopping carts. Too many times I've seen someone coughing or sneezing into their hand and then grabbing the cart handle immediately afterwards. Ick! :P

WestSide:
I hear ya.  I am doing my best to keep my hands away from my mouth or at least make sure I wash my hands before I do.  It's so hard since I am a nail biter. I am going to have to change my ways for sure.  I do like how grocery stores do have antibacterial wipes for carts now - or at least the store I go to.  =)

WestSide:
Just downed my 1st Pill for HIV.  Felt like writing since I have no one else to talk to or explain my experience to.  I was all nervous and excited today.  I'm so tired of the aches and pains and the flaky skin.  In my mind I think and wonder how everyone else handles their meds.  I keep thinking about situations where you might lose your meds or you may be away from them or they may get ruined.  I suppose that is only natural.  I guess I should store them in different places so that I always have access to them.  I've never had to take a medication where you could never skip a dose or have to take it close to the same time every day.

tednlou2:
Congrats on the first dose.  I say that, because as long as I've had to prepare myself, I worry I will be a big baby when I take my first dose. 

Let us know how the first day and weeks go.  All the best! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version