Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Where can I find "posting for dummies"

<< < (2/8) > >>

mitch777:

--- Quote from: leatherman on January 16, 2013, 08:51:23 PM ---hit preview first. not only can you check that your post looks like you want and says what it should; but you'll see if anyone has posted while you were typing.

if you write a big post or take a long time writing, do one of 2 things to NOT lose your post. Either write it offline (in Word, Notepad, etc) then copy and paste it here. Or just before you hit either preview or send, click in the box, click ctrl-A (to highlight all), the ctrl-C (to copy) your post. IF everything screws up and your post gets lost into the ether, you can simply get back to a posting box and ctrl-v to paste what you had written.

oh! :o and don't forget ::) to use emoticons :D to help people understand whether you're being snarky  :P or nice  :-* with your replies. of course, others will say not to use emoticons  :'( but that's clearly why they are so often misunderstood. LOL ;D

--- End quote ---
LOL mikie! (emoticons)

The preview suggestion doesn't always work out as planned. (i still lose my post at times.)
My discovery to hit post again AFTER seeing that someone has posted "in the meantime" seemed to have solved the issue.

(advice from a green bean {me}) ;D

or... maybe I am too tired and can't even follow my own train of thought? :-[

gulfcoastFL:

oh! :o and don't forget ::) to use emoticons :D to help people understand whether you're being snarky  :P or nice  :-* with your replies. of course, others will say not to use emoticons  :'( but that's clearly why they are so often misunderstood. LOL ;D
[/quote]

That does sound like way to much fun! See how many of them I can put into
one post. I'd find it  :) funny but prob. get  >:( some WTF? responses.
 I simply must put it on my to do list now!!

gulfcoastFL:

--- Quote from: leatherman on January 16, 2013, 08:51:23 PM ---hit preview first. not only can you check that your post looks like you want and says what it should; but you'll see if anyone has posted while you were typing.

if you write a big post or take a long time writing, do one of 2 things to NOT lose your post. Either write it offline (in Word, Notepad, etc) then copy and paste it here. Or just before you hit either preview or send, click in the box, click ctrl-A (to highlight all), the ctrl-C (to copy) your post. IF everything screws up and your post gets lost into the ether, you can simply get back to a posting box and ctrl-v to paste what you had written.

--- End quote ---

That does sound like way to much fun! See how many of them I can put into
one post. I'd find it  ;)  funny but prob. get  :( some WTF? responses.
 I simply must put it on my to do list now!!

I may have just figured out, you  can't highlight then "insert part of someones quote. That's why
this is being posted twice. Learning

Thanks!

Jmarksto:

--- Quote from: gulfcoastFL on January 16, 2013, 03:35:40 PM ---Hi Everyone,
New here. Where can I find a tutorial kind of thing here?
Posting, quoting someone properly (Sorry Miss P.), just
explanations of how to get the most out of posting
in the forums.

Thanks all!

--- End quote ---

Hey GulfCoast;

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your thread topic -- as a relative newbie here and this being my only on-line community I have wondered what proper etiquette is for a number of things myself.  Perhaps this thread will be the reference guide.

Again, welcome and wish you the best,
JM

Solo_LTSurvivor:
Just read this thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version