Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Atripla vs. Complera

<< < (15/15)

newone:
Now a month on Complera the only thing that I have noticed so far it is the feeling of tiredness, lethargy some two hours after taking the pill, I hope (as advised by my Dr) the tiredness will go some months later. 

Hellraiser:
I swapped from Atripla to Complera a year ago.  Here's my take:

On Atripla I was exhausted pretty much all the time and I always felt mentally rattled.  I was anxious and kind of touchy.  Most of all however I would sleep and wake up feeling as if I hadn't slept at all.  For all of these reason I swapped to Complera.  On Complera my side effects are non existent.  I have trouble eating 400 calories each time I take it (right before bed) but otherwise it's fine.  One thing to note about Complera is that it's threshold for resistance is MUCH lower than Atripla's.  So if someone is saying they are missing doses of Atripla going onto Complera is a terrible idea.

Oh and my completely undetectable viral load has risen to 82-84 in my last two draws which is still "undetecable" but I suppose not as brutally effective as the atripla was in which I never went over UD even once.  However my CD4 is now 275 which is also a marked improvement.

buginme2:

--- Quote from: Hellraiser on May 27, 2013, 03:21:36 PM ---I swapped from Atripla to Complera a year ago.  Here's my take:

On Atripla I was exhausted pretty much all the time and I always felt mentally rattled.  I was anxious and kind of touchy.  Most of all however I would sleep and wake up feeling as if I hadn't slept at all.  For all of these reason I swapped to Complera.  On Complera my side effects are non existent.  I have trouble eating 400 calories each time I take it (right before bed) but otherwise it's fine.  One thing to note about Complera is that it's threshold for resistance is MUCH lower than Atripla's.  So if someone is saying they are missing doses of Atripla going onto Complera is a terrible idea.

Oh and my completely undetectable viral load has risen to 82-84 in my last two draws which is still "undetecable" but I suppose not as brutally effective as the atripla was in which I never went over UD even once.  However my CD4 is now 275 which is also a marked improvement.

--- End quote ---

I also got switched off Atripla and started Complera a while ago.  Pretty much the same for me as far as side effects.  Atripla felt like it was a sledge hammer pounding away at the HIV.  Complera is like a paper weight holding it down.  No side effects but I am concerned about its "strength."

The low level viral load you are experiencing, has your doctor mentioned how he feels about this?  I know under 200 used to be considered ud but it still concerns me.  I think that would spark a long conversation with the doctor.  What did he say about that?

I still haven't gotten a viral load done since starting Complera.  My doctor only does them every six months unless there is some need to do them earlier.  I'm curious to see how it is. 

Hellraiser:

--- Quote from: buginme2 on May 27, 2013, 04:22:28 PM ---I also got switched off Atripla and started Complera a while ago.  Pretty much the same for me as far as side effects.  Atripla felt like it was a sledge hammer pounding away at the HIV.  Complera is like a paper weight holding it down.  No side effects but I am concerned about its "strength."

The low level viral load you are experiencing, has your doctor mentioned how he feels about this?  I know under 200 used to be considered ud but it still concerns me.  I think that would spark a long conversation with the doctor.  What did he say about that?

I still haven't gotten a viral load done since starting Complera.  My doctor only does them every six months unless there is some need to do them earlier.  I'm curious to see how it is.

--- End quote ---

I was UD for the first draw after starting then 84 and this last time 82.  Doctor is unconcerned and I think in that time CD4 went from 150 to 275 so very happy with that.

newone:
Still happy with Complera, no dizziness, no wind...feeling less tired/lethargic, eating 400 calories is not a problem eating only 400 calories is a problem I usually (to make sure) I probably consume 1000 calories, weird/funny dreams still there but in general it is a huge improvement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version