Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Atripla vs. Complera

(1/15) > >>

d-boy86:
I'm current on Atripla, but yesterday my doctor recommended that maybe I should switch over to Complera? What are any other benefits of switching besides the low side effects?

Miss Philicia:
What problems are you having on Atripla?

d-boy86:
Not really having any issues, but some nights after a couple glasses of wine, I may forget to take my Atripla and not realize it until the morning. Of course I'll take it right away, but the feeling I get an hour or two after feels like I've smoked an entire bucket of pot. While the feeling is okay, if I was in bed, it's annoying as hell when I'm sitting at my desk at work.

darryaz:
Better solution:  Don't forget to take your pill at night.  (or if it only happens once a month or so just skip that dose)

jkinatl2:
Or scale back on the wine at night.

Holy cow. You are going to need to change some parts of your life to accommodate this treatment. I am a little chagrined that your doctor is willing to swap meds for, pardon me, such a lame reason. Sure there are a LOT of combos. But I bet there are also a lot of reasons to miss doses.

Sorry to sound unsympathetic. Please remember I come from a time when people had watch-alarms that went off every four hours around the clock so that they could take soul-destroying amounts of AZT monotherapy.

I did not think we had come far enough to toss a regimen because a person couldn't be bothered to set an alarm or use a pill sorter or, you know, take responsibility to take these life saving meds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version