Main Forums > Positive Women

My meds aren't working...

<< < (2/2)

DrewEm:
My ID doc stresses Viral Load and CD4 count as a percentage - my VL is all over the place but as long as the percentage of CD4 to VL is increasing he is happy.

My last labs had a big increase because my case worker "hooked me up" with my local dental school. My dental plan at work is pitiful but thankfully Ryan White funds pay for dental care in various amounts depending on your state. The RW funds picked up a lot of what my insurance wouldn't cover - and I needed a bit since I think my childhood dentist studied in the Eastern Bloc!

The RW coordinator for the school asked me if I would do a Q&A with the students (which I agreed to do) and it was much appreciated = at my first visit there was only one student willing to have me as a patient, after the Q&A only one had an issue and it was a personal one, so I can't judge the student. We, as poz people, actually are the best candidates for dental students taking board exams since we have regular doctor visits and labs. As the initial student willing to see me said, "You are probably more health aware than anyone."

idee:

--- Quote from: DrewEm on March 10, 2013, 01:25:45 AM ---My ID doc stresses Viral Load and CD4 count as a percentage - my VL is all over the place but as long as the percentage of CD4 to VL is increasing he is happy.

My last labs had a big increase because my case worker "hooked me up" with my local dental school. My dental plan at work is pitiful but thankfully Ryan White funds pay for dental care in various amounts depending on your state. The RW funds picked up a lot of what my insurance wouldn't cover - and I needed a bit since I think my childhood dentist studied in the Eastern Bloc!

The RW coordinator for the school asked me if I would do a Q&A with the students (which I agreed to do) and it was much appreciated = at my first visit there was only one student willing to have me as a patient, after the Q&A only one had an issue and it was a personal one, so I can't judge the student. We, as poz people, actually are the best candidates for dental students taking board exams since we have regular doctor visits and labs. As the initial student willing to see me said, "You are probably more health aware than anyone."

--- End quote ---

I don't tell anyone my health because last time I did someone kind of freaked. My English teacher and she wanted me to tell the class. Like I am going to do that in college, I am not that brave.
I am just alone. It seems there are so many healthy people and I want to be one of them. Just so I am not a minority among the healthy. Sometimes I wonder if I am walking past a fellow HIV positive person in a crowd. I am married to a positive man, but I just wonder if anyone I pass has the same secret I have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version