Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

I may not be around much in the near future . . .

(1/4) > >>

aztecan:
It seems I never post anything positive.

Well, this is no exception.

My mother's condition is deteriorating much more rapidly than I anticipated. As some may know, my mother, who is 89, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last September.

My sister and I have been trying to take care of things, but it has reached a point where we cannot.

So, tomorrow, my sister and mother are meeting with an agency that provides hospice care. It is time. Neither I nor my sister can provide the ongoing care my mother needs.

I find myself just going through the motions or, in the alternative, in a wildly emotional state. The latter is uncommon for me, and I am having trouble adjusting to it.

The bottom line is I may not be posting here as much as I would otherwise. The main reason is, in my current state of emotional flux, I find myself posting things that I shouldn't.

I am managing to keep it together when I am at work, but that is taking a lot more will power than I anticipated.

Please wish me luck with this.

HUGS,

Mark

britchick:
My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.Please be proud of yourselves for making the right decision....that to me shows courage and love.

Please take care of yourself too.

britchickx

britchick:
Im sorry. i've just noticed I've replied in the  lts forum..oops....but still thinking of you.

Britchickx

Jeff G:
Mark , I'm saddened to hear what you , your family and mom are up against , my heart and thoughts are with you . I admire you very much and hope you take the time to care for yourself , be well . Hugs , Jeff .   

Miss Philicia:
Mark, I'm so sorry to read this and that you and your family find yourselves in this position. I will be thinking of you a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version