Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

too much exercise?

(1/1)

texaninnyc87:
im just wondering if im overdoing it? i just started meds and exercising is one of the things that makes me feel good, normal, happy energized etc.
i'd ideally like to lose a little weight, maybe 10 pounds and get some good toning. some of you might think this is crazy lol...
im 5'11 and i weigh 155. i go to the gym 6 days a week. I do 1 hour of cardio on the eliptical trying to keep my heart rate in the 150-160 zone for as long as i can, then 30-45 minutes of strength training and stretching. on top of this i usually take 3 or 4 pilates/ballet classes every week.
What do you guys think? Too much? I dont want to overwhelm my body. I've been pretty fatigued lately and all the exercising helps, but then again it might just be making me more tired later in the day...
i've been a dancer my whole life and when i was in high school and college i would dance 6-10 hours every day except sundays so my body is actually used to a lot more than this, fyi

Common_ground:
Listen to your body. If you feel good working out at this frequency then go for it but if you on the other hand find yourself tired and worn out, no need to drag yourself to the gym.

Homopoz:
I am curious  too. Though I have not started my treatment yet, but I try to keep the level of workout the same. At the end I feel warm and a bit achy. I go three times a week and work out 2 and half hours.
I also wonder if I will be more than tired than usual after I start the treatment. Do I need to wait for my cd4 count to go up before I start increasing the weights?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version