Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Some thoughts on mental health issues in January?

(1/2) > >>

Newguy:
Hi everyone

So I was diagnosed last year in March and started treatment this November on Truvada and Isentress. I don't know what my numbers are post treatment because I requested not to see my doctor. Instead he gave me a years prescription and a year's worth of requisite forms to get my panel blood work done. If there were a problem he said he would call. No call from him since my last blood work no problem. I like this system as I see no need to go and see him every four months.

However my question is this. I had a great last semester in Fall. Considering my situation and starting treatment I managed a 4.0 average in a graduate program in the sciences. I also went through an extensive interview process for a great job and managed to get it! Take that HIV! Dec I went home and was spoiled by my parents for the good work and literally  did nothing for the three week break, just eat and veg. Now back at school for the second term I AM SO DEPRESSED. Oh my god it hit me hard last week and it is brutal. Is this the meds or just back to the grind January disorder (Is there such a thing?) I felt great on the meds since I started as I felt my energy levels bounce and my mental health was fine. I feel awful, but a lot of people around me say the same thing. So I don't want to focus too much on the meds maybe it is just the return to reality?

Any thoughts would be great.

Best

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: Newguy on January 11, 2013, 06:42:34 PM ---Hi everyone

So I was diagnosed last year in March and started treatment this November on Truvada and Isentress. I don't know what my numbers are post treatment because I requested not to see my doctor. Instead he gave me a years prescription and a year's worth of requisite forms to get my panel blood work done. If there were a problem he said he would call. No call from him since my last blood work no problem. I like this system as I see no need to go and see him every four months.

However my question is this. I had a great last semester in Fall. Considering my situation and starting treatment I managed a 4.0 average in a graduate program in the sciences. I also went through an extensive interview process for a great job and managed to get it! Take that HIV! Dec I went home and was spoiled by my parents for the good work and literally  did nothing for the three week break, just eat and veg. Now back at school for the second term I AM SO DEPRESSED. Oh my god it hit me hard last week and it is brutal. Is this the meds or just back to the grind January disorder (Is there such a thing?) I felt great on the meds since I started as I felt my energy levels bounce and my mental health was fine. I feel awful, but a lot of people around me say the same thing. So I don't want to focus too much on the meds maybe it is just the return to reality?

Any thoughts would be great.

Best

--- End quote ---

Interesting. I do know that my cousin has to start taking Anti-depressants in the winter, but I think that is due to the weather. She lives in Northern Maine and they get all snow and no sun for months.

Newguy:
Thanks Willy

I am in Montreal and the weather here is similar to Northern Maine. I would rather think it is the time of year rather than the meds.

Thanks for your reply.

tednlou2:
Some could get really deep and question whether you just miss the comfort of your parents.  I do think the weather is a huge culprit, especially on those with pre-existing depression.  I know that I often feel bad, physically and mentally, on cloudy, rainy, dreary days.  On sunny days, I often feel much better.  I have more motivation.  I am more social.  When I use to tan in the winter, it would cause me to feel better. 

But, clinical depression can't be solved by sunlight alone.  If you feel this is more than S.A.D, then think about seeing someone. 

Hope ya feel better.  Let us know whether it is getting worse or better. 

Rockin:
I always feel that any physical activity can be a great cure for depression.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version