Main Forums > Living With HIV

Flu question

<< < (2/7) > >>

Matty the Damned:
And you call yourselves AIDS victims?

You're a bunch of soft cocks who are a disgrace to the Red Ribbon. >:(

If you're able to use the interpr0nz, you don't have the 'flu. You've probably got lace on your knickers but you certainly don't have the 'flu.

AND EVEN IF YOU DO HAVE THE 'FLU you shouldn't be whining. You should be grateful you're still reactive enough to feel ill.

Hang your heads in shame:

Srsly,

MtD

redrobot:
When i get the flu it takes ages to get rid [with no meds]. Because i'm a smoker i always get chest infections. So when i start coughing up green stuff i go to the doctor to be put on antibiotics. After taking my 1st dosage, the flu symptoms starts decrease within 24 hours but the cough could persist for up to 2 weeks [sometimes even longer] coz of the smoking.

Living in the UK i'm used to get the flu [2/3 times a year] but i try to get to the doctor within 2/3 days of it starting so it doesn't get any worst.
When someone gets the flu in my house i'm always the last one to get it but it hits me harder then everyone else.

I took the flu jab for the 1st time since i'm poz [i've been poz for over 15 years] late 2011 and it worked great, no flu during the winter for the first time in years. Last year, before the winter started, i thought about taking the flu jab again but in the meantime everyone here has had the flu [some have had it a couple of times] and i didn't get it, so i didn't take it. I might still have residue of the flu jab in me otherwise i'd have got it. Also, not having the flu jab every year will probably decrease the immunity to it in the following years [personal opinion]. I say that coz my mum [poz negative but diabetic] had the jab every year for the past 5/6 years and it worked OK for the first few years but this winter she's already had flu twice even though she got the flu jab in November.

9 out of 10 times when i get a and sore throat i get the first flu symptoms within 12 to 24 hours after that. It's my [and probably a lot of people's] way of predicting it.

Matty the Damned:

--- Quote from: redrobot on January 15, 2013, 06:13:20 AM ---When i get the flu it takes ages to get rid [with no meds]. Because i'm a smoker i always get chest infections. So when i start coughing up green stuff i go to the doctor to be put on antibiotics. After taking my 1st dosage, the flu symptoms starts decrease within 24 hours but the cough could persist for up to 2 weeks [sometimes even longer] coz of the smoking.

Living in the UK i'm used to get the flu [2/3 times a year] but i try to get to the doctor within 2/3 days of it starting so it doesn't get any worst.
When someone gets the flu in my house i'm always the last one to get it but it hits me harder then everyone else.

I took the flu jab for the 1st time since i'm poz [i've been poz for over 15 years] late 2011 and it worked great, no flu during the winter for the first time in years. Last year, before the winter started, i thought about taking the flu jab again but in the meantime everyone here has had the flu [some have had it a couple of times] and i didn't get it, so i didn't take it. I might still have residue of the flu jab in me otherwise i'd have got it. Also, not having the flu jab every year will probably decrease the immunity to it in the following years [personal opinion]. I say that coz my mum [poz negative but diabetic] had the jab every year for the past 5/6 years and it worked OK for the first few years but this winter she's already had flu twice even though she got the flu jab in November.

9 out of 10 times when i get a and sore throat i get the first flu symptoms within 12 to 24 hours after that. It's my [and probably a lot of people's] way of predicting it.

--- End quote ---

What you've described in this post is not the 'flu.

It's a cold. Or at best bronchitis.

Just because you're a poof living in a shitty country like the UK doesn't give you the right to call a cold the 'flu.

Deal with it.

MtD

redrobot:

--- Quote from: Matty the Damned on January 15, 2013, 06:36:12 AM ---What you've described in this post is not the 'flu.

It's a cold. Or at best bronchitis.

Just because you're a poof living in a shitty country like the UK doesn't give you the right to call a cold the 'flu.

Deal with it.

MtD

--- End quote ---

Ok doctor Damned.

jkinatl2:
Seriously. I have had the flu. Not in the last few years, thank Gods.

It is a week AT LEAST in a bed or a hospital. It is absolutely incapacitating. High fevers that seem unending, whole body aches, no appetite, barely energy to crawl to the bathroom.

I agree with Matty. What was described was a cold, maybe bronchitis. NOT THE FLU. The fact that antibiotics helped is a red flag, of course.

Hell, it didn't even seem like a terribly bad cold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version