Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Only the nose knows...

(1/4) > >>

J.R.E.:

Wish me luck boys and girls. Ed and I will be heading out the door, in about a half hour to go to St.Pete, to get this skin cancer removed from my nose.

I don't believe they are doing MOHS surgery, But I will find out more during the procedure.

http://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/mohs-surgery?gclid=COzPi8iu27QCFQf0nAodnTYAiw

Pre surgery and post surgery pics to follow later today.

I also have to have my ADAP reauthorized today, so I will see the Ryan White coordinator, first at 10:00.   Surgery is scheduled for 11:30.

And I am beat.   I've been up since 6:00 yesterday afternoon and worked all night, plus, I've developed a sore throat, and a runny nose. hopefully the nose won't run, while the doctors working on it.   ::)

Later---Ray

Jeff G:
I'm wishing you the best of luck Ray ... and a speedy recovery . 

aztecan:
Good luck, Ray.

I hope all comes off OK.

HUGS,

Mark

pozniceguy:
good  luck  Ray..need to keep that positive attitude  you will  still be  handsome and  hot  after   surgery

Nick

J.R.E.:
Thanks everyone,!...

Overall everything went well.  The surgery lasted about 45 minutes,from the time I was numbed, to when the final bandage was placed on.

It may be hard to tell from these photos, but I have bit of swelling going on.  It looks as though there are 5 external sutures, and there are internal ones as well. Everything feels "tight"

The doctor removed a portion about the size of a shirt button.  I/ve noticed that one of my nostrils seems to be higher than the other one.

I will get a call from the doctor in about a week, hopefully he will tell me he got it all.  He also took care of another area behind my left ear, by freezing it.

Here some pics :

Pre op pics taken this morning, you may be able to notice then dent in the nose from the Biospsy taken on November 29th

ANOTHER PRE OP PIC TAKEN THIS MORNING:

AND YET ANOTHER PRE OP PIC:

POST OP: ALOT OF SWELLING:

PIC OF SUTURES: Notice the lifted nostril !  ::)

Except for the tightness, I feel  pretty good, but I am dealing with a cold and a continually runny nose ! :P

THIS IS THE WOUND CARE INSTRUCTIONS:

I said to Ed, I hope the left nostril drops back into place. I feel like porky pig. Looks like I have a broken nose  :D

WORDS OF ADVICE:  PUT THAT SUNSCREEN ON !! DON'T PLAY AROUND WITH ANY KIND OF SKIN CANCER !

On another note, I received my blood test from December 24th.  Tcells @ 580, (Best yet) viral load undetectable, percentage still stagnating @ 16%  All other labs within range.

Time to go to bed, I've been up almost 21 hours.  ::)

All is well----Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version