HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Different Informations about Oralsex

(1/1)

GermanBloke:
Hey there and a "Frohes neues Jahr" from Germany,

first of all: Sorry for my english, there may be some mistakes in the following sentences ;).
Eight weeks ago i had ~1min unprotected insertive oral sex with an unknown transexual; actually, i was literally taken by surprise in the middle of the night, pretty drunk and all this stuff. Anyways, i ended it when my brain came back online and went home pretty fast; i washed myself and went to bed then. I cant remember if there have been any blood on my penis, at least i didnt find any blood in my boxershorts the next morning and im pretty sure, there would have been some visible remains of blood if there would have been "enough" blood.

I understood that you guys say "No risk at all". Im still pretty anxies and i think ill do a rapidtest tomorrow in the public health office; its anonymous and for free there...
Anyways: I ask myself: Why are there so many different informations on Internet about the Oralsex Risk?

Most german sites say there is no risk for insertive fellatio (as long as your partner isnt a vampire), the german Robert-Koch-Institute (the federal institution for infectious diseases) says that its only a theoretical risk.

Several US Sites said instead that its between low and even high risk (the "high risk" page seemed pretty fundamental to me though).

Liebe Gre

Ann:
GB,

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected this way and you aren't going to be the first.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe us, go test and collect your negative result. As a sexually active adult you should be testing regularly anyway.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST FOR HIV SPECIFICALLY OVER A BLOWJOB, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version