Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

England (April 3 - 10) - Suggestions?

(1/24) > >>

phildinftlaudy:
So, I have nailed down the dates for the trip to England (Birmingham, London, and - hopefully, a jaunt over to the Isle of Man ---- to see Ann)...

Any suggested sites to see from those that have been there or who live there? I am beginning to put together my list of things to do and see (pubs are already listed multiple times).

Miss Philicia:
Bodega Negra is Prince Harry's favorite Mexican restaurant if you're going through taco & tequila withdrawal.

http://labodeganegra.com/

... and, natch, there's always cottaging on Hampstead Heath

phildinftlaudy:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on January 05, 2013, 02:49:01 PM ---Bodega Negra is Prince Harry's favorite Mexican restaurant if you're going through taco & tequila withdrawal.

http://labodeganegra.com/

... and, natch, there's always cottaging on Hampstead Heath

--- End quote ---

Looks good - but are you sure you haven't mistaken me for Will?   ;)

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: phildinftlaudy on January 05, 2013, 02:52:36 PM ---Looks good - but are you sure you haven't mistaken me for Will?   ;)

--- End quote ---

Sorry, but the branch of Chili's at Carnary Wharf is closed according to yelp. Fish & chips are out since you don't eat seafood.

phildinftlaudy:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on January 05, 2013, 03:01:06 PM ---Sorry, but the branch of Chili's at Carnary Wharf is closed according to yelp. Fish & chips are out since you don't eat seafood.

--- End quote ---
I actually like some fish and chips (arthur treachers - lol) - Seriously, there is a little British pub in Hollywood, Florida that makes great fish and chips.... I just don't eat "fishy" seafood.

You have been to England several times right?

We are going to make homebase Birmingham and take the rail over to London.... We can take Flybe to the Isle of Man (although Ann tells me that the locals call Flybe, "fly-maybe" - as their flights often get cancelled, delayed, etc.)

I plan on taking in the World of Cadbury, the Bullring, and pubs... in addition to Aston(or is is Ashton) House, and pubs... will also want to take the underground and check out other parts of the area... and pubs...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version