HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Top insertive with condom break with rimming and kissing.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ann:
Worried,

1. Again, don't waste your money on in-home hiv tests until six weeks at the very least. A negative result before then tells you nothing other than you were hiv negative six weeks to three months prior to the date you took the test.

Just go to a clinic. And cut the drama.

2. Do you want to stalk him? Because that's what it might feel like to him. If you want to pursue a relationship with him that's one thing, but don't pester him about his hiv status. You should test regardless of what he tells you anyway, so why bother unless you are looking for a relationship?

--- Quote from: worriedinFL on January 06, 2013, 10:45:20 AM ---
3) Since you said the majority of transmissions occur when the person doesn't know there positive that makes me ever more worried. If for some reason this guy thinks he is clean [paraphrase]yadayadayada[/paraphrase]

//

and again I apologize about my comment from above. This is all very new to me and Im really learning so much.

--- End quote ---

I take it you mean both times you used the term?

"Clean" implies "unclean" and all the religious/societal baggage that comes with it. Got it?

3. Go back and re-read what I've already written. Don't skim, read. I've already answered the majority of your concerns.

We base all our risk assessments on the basis of the other person being hiv positive. You had a low risk but you do need to test - at the appropriate time. I expect you to test negative but the ONLY way to know is to test at the appropriate time!

You're going to have to get busy with other things while you wait to test.

Ann

worriedinFL:
Ann,

Thank you again for all the information. I really am not trying to skim though the information that you provide. I appreciate everything that you have told me and Im doing my best not to repeat myself asking the same dumb questions. You have taught me so much and Im very much apprecaitive for that. I will wait the time to test, I guess its just gets to you nerves that you cant do anything before that.

I dont  want a relationship with that guy so your right I'm not going to bother him. I just have to wait. Im going to try to   keep living the way i always would until i test. It is hard but I made this bed and have to lay in it. I know I have learned from this and I will do my best to teach others.

Is it ok to have drinks while I'm waiting. Im not talking about getting drunk again but just a few casual drinks with friends? Well have a good day and thanks again for all your help. I just bought a 30 day subscripton because this forum is very helpful.

-worried

Ann:
Worried,

Alcohol will not have any effect on hiv seroconversion nor the tests. Pour one for me while you're at it.

Keep yourself busy with other things (all the usual things you do) while you wait for the appropriate time to test and the time will go by faster than you might think.

Ann

worriedinFL:
Ann,

Thanks again. I really appreciate all your help.

So you think that I will turn out ok? I know most of us ask you the same questions over and over again. I guess the best thing to do is just continue living like normal right? It is hard to say that but I'm going to try. Again thanks. Have a good night...

Ann:

--- Quote from: worriedinFL on January 06, 2013, 07:47:28 PM ---
So you think that I will turn out ok?

I know most of us ask you the same questions over and over again.

I guess the best thing to do is just continue living like normal right?

It is hard to say that but I'm going to try.

Again thanks. Have a good night...

--- End quote ---

Yes.

Don't you/they just.

Yes.

Don't "try", just do it.

You're welcome.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page