Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

Colloidal Silver

(1/3) > >>

Rafaelmagura:
Does Colloidal Silver really work ?

I don't know if i posted this in the right spot.

anniebc:
If you are asking if it cures HIV then the answer is no Rafael, I'm sure it has it's uses for other ailments, but when it comes to HIV don't believe anything you read about it being a cure for HIV.

Aroha
Jan

buginme2:
If you take enough of it, it will turn your skin blue and you will look like a smurf, it works for that.

mecch:
Yep, bright blue and permanently!  Would be almost funny if it wasn't tragic.

Growler:
http://nccam.nih.gov/health/silver#hed3

tiny silver particles suspended in liquid. Scientific evidence does not support the use of colloidal silver to treat any disease, and serious, irreversible side effects can result from its use. Colloidal silver products are often marketed as dietary supplements with various unproven health-related claims. This fact sheet provides a general overview of colloidal silver and suggests sources for additional information.
Alert from the FDA

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not consider colloidal silver to be safe or effective for treating any disease or condition and has issued an advisory regarding its safety. Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects, such as argyria.
Key Points

Colloidal silver is not safe or effective for treating any disease or condition.
    Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. The most common is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the skin, which is usually not treatable or reversible.
    The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission have taken action against a number of companies (including some companies that sell products over the Internet) for making drug-like claims about colloidal silver products.
    Tell all your health care providers about any complementary health practices you use. Give them a full picture of what you do to manage your health. This will help ensure coordinated and safe care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version