Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Confusion regarding Fozamprenavir

<< < (2/2)

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: Rockin on January 02, 2013, 05:09:40 PM ---Some doctors think it's dodgy to do that, even while UND.

--- End quote ---

I don't think it's dodgy.

Rockin:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on January 02, 2013, 05:15:42 PM ---I don't think it's dodgy.

--- End quote ---

Well I have an appointment this week and I'll ask the doctor about this, thank you Miss P and Newt.

On related good news, I just spent 2 weeks traveling Europe with the family and everybody got sick except me.  :)

Rockin:
Went to the doctor today and I didn't even had to say anything: he recommended Prezista. He said no one uses Fozamprenavir these days, as it can cause liver damage and lypodistrophy as well.

He even asked me if I wanted to participate on a trial research that would put me on Prezista alone...he says researchers believe it might be possible to take just this one medication once a patient remains undetectable for over 6 months. However, I had to refuse, as the trial takes 1 year and I'm still not 100% I'll be in the UK for a longer period.

So now I'm on Prezista+Truvada+Ritonavir. Still 4 pills but at least I know I'm taking a better one.

My CD4 dropped from 430 to 352, which was quite scary but the percentage remained the same...from 23.9% to 24%. I did a lot of traveling during the holidays and that is always stressful, that might have been the cause of it.

Overall, all good news  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version