Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Crafting

<< < (6/6)

aztecan:
Hey Wolfie,

I like the vest. Who knew you were so talented?

I have trouble sewing on a button.

By the way, I am also color blind, or at least, partially color blind. I once bought a nifty pair of tweed pants on sale. They were amazingly cheap and I couldn't figure out why.

I thought they were tan.

I found out, the first time I wore them, they were actually pink.

I still wore them. To hell with convention!  ;)

HUGS,

Mark

aztecan:
While I am not any good at sewing, I do enjoy doing things around the house.

I am an avid gardener and I spend much of my free time either working in the garden or planning things for the garden.

I am something of a native plant fan, and have received my master gardener certification.

Since it is January, it is time to prune the trees and some of the shrubs. Some don't need it, thanks to the deer.

I also will be transplanting two fruit trees a friend has given me. Trees seem to do better when they have been transplanted while dormant.

Anyway, I was thinking that a gardeners apron would be a great idea. So, I will try my hand at making one.

I will let you know how it goes.

HUGS,

Mark

wolfter:

--- Quote from: aztecan on January 07, 2013, 11:03:27 AM ---

Anyway, I was thinking that a gardeners apron would be a great idea. So, I will try my hand at making one.

HUGS,

Mark

--- End quote ---

Perhaps a fairy prince will send you one?  I should have taken pictures of the ones I made for the post employees.  They're quite easy.

I'm a bit arrogant in that I believe I can do anything.  I'm such a mixed bag; I can rebuild motors, build a house or sew up a new outfit. 

I do quite well in the vegetable garden, but never had much luck in the flower garden part of it.  Never had much interest in it and that was Bill's thing.  I wasn't even allowed to trim around his gardens as I couldn't tell weeds from purposeful grasses.  (that looked like overgrown weeds to me.  :)  )

wolfter:

--- Quote from: Ann on January 07, 2013, 08:48:29 AM ---You could always sew black ribbons or strips of fabric to it and you'd have the basis for a Queen Bee outfit for next Halloween. :)

Looks like you did a good job though, and I'm diggin' the hot pink hanger. Not that you'd probably notice. ;)

--- End quote ---

Our highschool colors were black and yellow and I love that look.  I still cherish the memories of my team mates wearing those short black satin gym shorts with tight yellow tank tops.  Damn, need another shower already. :o

OH, and I borrowed the pink hangar.  I only use white ones but have run out.  I've already eliminated everything that I can and probably should just buy more. 

skeebo1969:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on December 30, 2012, 06:55:33 PM ---Look what I made..I can do crafting too  8)

--- End quote ---

I made one of those in the first grade after my Latin teacher hit me in the head with her shoe.  It was hard to focus while seeing stars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version