Main Forums > Living With HIV

Copper bracelet do they work

(1/5) > >>

skycee:
I woke up this morning with pains here and there and had it for most part of the day and I kept saying to myself hope all is well within.

Out of boredom I went to a pharmacy store just looking around and I came across a copper brackets, that supposedly helps with reliving pains in joints and bones, arthritis and sports pain. I almost bought it buh on a second thought decided to ask the house if anyone has used a copper bracelet and if it does help in alleviating pain?

pozniceguy:
I  tried  one and it  turned my wrist green  but didnt seem to have any effect on the  joint pains

Nick

Iggy:
My father tried one and swore by it.  Of course, he also swore by a quart of vodka a day and never took his arthritis meds which may negate the value of his endorsement.

I just did a quick search and found this which may be of interest.  It's from a site called Daily Dose of Common Sense and it cites a study by the NHS in the UK so I would give it some credit.  Basically they claim there is no benefit.

http://www.dailydoseofcommonsense.com/2009/10/27/copper-arthritis-curing-bracelets/

BTW - are you asking solely for arthritis or is your question in relation to copper bracelets and HIV? 

skycee:
Thanks for the response peeps.

@ iggy, to clarify what I'm asking is if it wld help with the bone and joint pains we feel, since it is claimed to help for other forms of pain.

anniebc:
My husband tried one, it didn't make a blind bit of difference, I'd spend my money on better things if I were you.

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version