Main Forums > Living With HIV

How likely am I to infect someone if I am an elite controller?

<< < (4/4)

Basquo:

--- Quote from: jam_borg1987 on December 24, 2012, 07:28:23 PM ---
So, what are my chances of infecting someone?

--- End quote ---

Jam, the short answer to your question is, "We don't know," and the longer answer is hopefully, "We don't know...yet."

If you are indeed a LTNP (an elite controller or viremic controller) your participation in clinical trials, as others have said, is of immense value. Please consider this avenue.

Personally, I have never infected anyone, to my knowledge, including my HIV-negative partner. This is a perfect opportunity for me to spread the message of safer sex and responsibility, but it's a personal choice. I've chosen and continue to choose not to expose my partner to the risks that can result in an infection. And in the heat of the moment, it's a continual challenge. I know what feels best but I settle for what feels good. No way I would want my partner to get this. He doesn't have the good fortune fo the genes I have. And the risk is too great, however minimal.

Ann:

--- Quote from: Gman49 on December 30, 2012, 03:06:33 PM ---Ann

I thought the jam quoted that "I've been positive for a year now...."

Is he positive or not?

--- End quote ---

I wasn't talking to Jam, I was talking to "11 letters". That's why I quoted him. Please look at my post more carefully if you're still unsure. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version