Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

combivir side effects

(1/1)

kobra83:
Hi.a started treatment two days ago.they gave me as first time treatment combivir atazanavir and ritonavir.because i just had a encephality caused by a herpes i ve been told that i have to take combivir.the problem is that i can t eat almost nothing.i feel all the time even if i eat little bit nausea and the disire to vomit!can you tell me if u ever experience this or some advices? Is anyone here on combivir?also the doc informed me thet i will be on this combination about 2 months and after we gonna try truvada isentress. Thanks and hope you can help me :-)

newt:
Your doc can give you anti-nausea pills.

This said, I can see no particularly good reason to use Combivir in this situation. Your could just say no...

- matt

kobra83:
Thanks Matt :-).i told him i wante truvada but he told me that because i had the herpes wich caused me the encephalytis should give me as a start something strong for one or two months. I hope i will start to get used to it cause my stomac it s in big problem :(

newt:
Your doc is talking out his proverbial, go demand a modern drug. Truvada and Combivir will produce the same reduction in HIV (about 1 log).

- matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version