Main Forums > Living With HIV

Spencer Cox, AIDS Activist, Dies at 44

(1/13) > >>

Solo_LTSurvivor:
Spencer Cox, an AIDS activist whose work with a cadre of lay scientists helped push innovative antiretroviral drugs to market, creating the first effective drug protocols to combat the syndrome, died on Tuesday in Manhattan. He was 44.

A young Mr. Cox can be seen in the documentary about Act Up, “How to Survive a Plague.” In recent years he wrote on AIDS issues for POZ and other publications, and founded a short-lived organization called the Medius Institute for Gay Men’s Health, which was concerned with issues faced by those growing older with AIDS, among them loneliness, depression and substance abuse.

Full Story

Modified because I missed this

Jody:
I was sorry to see this, I never met Spencer but Peter, Andy and Tim all knew him and my condolences to all his loved ones.  He posted on Facebook I believe on their walls.  So close on the heels of the How to Survive a Plague documentary that came out this year, it is particularly sad.  He did so very much for those of us alive today with a virus we were told by all would leave us dead very soon.  Thanks to Spencer Cox, RIP good man.

Jody :(

mikeyb39:
that is very sad news indeed.  little scary too for some reason. im 42 , so 44 hits close to home as well.  i guess you think the meds are supposed to keep the virus at bay.  i dont know all the circumstances, but still hard to hear.  RIP

Growler:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_wizard

can someone?/

bmancanfly:

--- Quote from: mikeyb39 on December 21, 2012, 03:12:58 PM ---i guess you think the meds are supposed to keep the virus at bay. 

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but only if you take them.

A very sad story indeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version