HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Condom Slip - please help

<< < (2/12) > >>

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: paulv21981 on December 20, 2012, 07:47:54 PM ---OK, Thanks for the reply....

.....so saliva can kill the virus....but if your mouth has large cuts and more than one and a load of other things going on in your mouth, the saliva will basically not be able to cope with killing the virus before it reaches open cuts?

To this theory then. I assume that there is less virus in pre-cum. So it will be easier for saliva to kill pre-cum than cum? Is that correct?

I have googled meth mouth and my mouth is no-way near like that. I have took a pictures see what you think. There is a little tar tar at my back teeth and a little stain on front. But the gums look pink. I am unable to post these pictures though.

--- End quote ---

There's a reason I asked you to Google "meth mouth" without plastering a photo on the site. Please don't throw up a photo of your mouth. No human being, no scientist or doctor would, could, or should diagnose your oral health over the internet.

You had no risk. You seriously, seriously had no risk.

paulv21981:
OK. Thanks.

I am reading more and I want to know about hairy leukoplakia.

Can you get this after 2 months possible exposure? I don't know if I have it or not but I am worried I do.

I noticed on the 24/11 I had which did look like teeth marks on the side of my tongue I had one raised lump where my fang would go if I press down and another raised lump looks like white on it as well.

I am trying to find out of the internet and most sites say that hairy leukoplakia is in early symptomatic infection which would be years after infection.

Then some websites say that hairy leukoplakia can be the first signs of HIV....meaning that you can get in when you have been infected in the last couple of months.

I found this on this website:

OHL is often one of the first opportunistic infections to occur in HIV-positive people. It can occur at any T-cell count. HIV-positive people with more than 500 T-cells have developed OHL, but it is most common among HIV-positive people with fewer than 200 T-cells

....so whats 500 t-cells and 200 t-cells
When would you get this?

If I was positive after two months of possible exposure could I have more than 500 t-cells or fewer than 200 t-cells?

Ann:
Paul,

You're really overthinking this. OHL can happen to anyone regardless of hiv status. If you're worried about OHL, show your tongue to a qualified dentist and stop looking for a diagnosis over the internet.

We're not going to get into a discussion about T-cells with you. It's irrelevant where you're concerned.

At the end of the day, if you cannot bring yourself to believe us that you had no risk, go test, collect your negative result and move on with your life. As a sexually active adult, you should be testing regularly anyway.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Ann:
Paul,

I deleted the post you left in someone else's thread.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

--- Quote ---
Only those Moderators and members who are authorized to answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum are permitted do so. Unauthorized responses may be deleted without permission of the poster. Repeatedly posting replies of this nature may result in a Time Out or permanent ban, at the discretion of the Moderator Team.

--- End quote ---

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

paulv21981:
OK Ann,

Thanks....so OHL - I don't know if I have it or not though :-(

But on the 24/11 I had what looked like dents on the top of my tongue at the edge -they did look white on top of the dents but not coated white.
 I thought I bite my tongue while eating because the dents are where my teeth could go.

Now I don't have them as much the dents have gone down loads and they are not white at all.

So I have few questions.
Would OHL do this?
Would OHL be a symptom of HIV after just 2 months of possible exposure?
Does OHL go away on its own? And if it does what is the usually time frame it goes away?
Does OHL sting? For example I was putting Bonjela on it to get it down but it didnt sting at all.

Hope to hear back from you.

Paul.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version