HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Condom Slip - please help

<< < (8/12) > >>

Ann:
Paul,

Have you actually been seeing the counsellor/therapist the nurse referred you to back in January? I sure hope so, because you're still displaying an unhealthy (from a mental health point of view), irrational fear of contracting hiv from situations that do not carry a risk.

If you're not seeing the therapist, you should be. If you are seeing the therapist, perhaps you need to be seeing him or her a little more often until you get a grip of yourself. You may also need to be taking an antidepressant or anti-anxiety agent in the meantime, along with the talk therapy. Talk therapy hand-in-hand with the correct psycho-active drug has been shown to have the best success rate.

If your therapist isn't teaching you something called CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy, which teaches you how to break the chain of unwanted, irrational thoughts that cycle through your thinking process), then maybe you should ask about CBT and if the therapist you're currently seeing isn't qualified to work with patients using CBT, maybe he or she could refer you to one who does.

At the end of the day, we've told you all we can about hiv prevention. If you keep coming back to discuss your irrational thoughts concerning hiv transmission, you're going to end up with another Time Out. This forum is not meant to be used as a substitute for one-on-one mental health therapy.

Please consider yourself warned!!!

Ann

paulv21981:
Ok
So I think I know the answer to this question.

I sucked three guys on Saturday and I had a mouth ulcer.
They didn't cum in my mouth.

Days later I sucked another guy and I have a sore throat. He didn't cum in my mouth.

I'm I right in saying blow job is no risk unless they cum in your mouth and your mouth is very very bad "meth mouth".

My risk is no risk?

Jeff G:
That's correct Paul , you did NOT have a risk .

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: paulv21981 on May 17, 2013, 04:26:30 PM ---Ok
So I think I know the answer to this question.

I sucked three guys on Saturday and I had a mouth ulcer.
They didn't cum in my mouth.

Days later I sucked another guy and I have a sore throat. He didn't cum in my mouth.

I'm I right in saying blow job is no risk unless they cum in your mouth and your mouth is very very bad "meth mouth".

My risk is no risk?

--- End quote ---

Please reread your thread. Your questions have all been answered time and again. But I have a question, or rather Moderator Ann had one in March:

--- Quote ---Paul,

Have you actually been seeing the counsellor/therapist the nurse referred you to back in January? I sure hope so, because you're still displaying an unhealthy (from a mental health point of view), irrational fear of contracting hiv from situations that do not carry a risk.

If you're not seeing the therapist, you should be. If you are seeing the therapist, perhaps you need to be seeing him or her a little more often until you get a grip of yourself. You may also need to be taking an antidepressant or anti-anxiety agent in the meantime, along with the talk therapy. Talk therapy hand-in-hand with the correct psycho-active drug has been shown to have the best success rate.

If your therapist isn't teaching you something called CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy, which teaches you how to break the chain of unwanted, irrational thoughts that cycle through your thinking process), then maybe you should ask about CBT and if the therapist you're currently seeing isn't qualified to work with patients using CBT, maybe he or she could refer you to one who does.

At the end of the day, we've told you all we can about hiv prevention. If you keep coming back to discuss your irrational thoughts concerning hiv transmission, you're going to end up with another Time Out. This forum is not meant to be used as a substitute for one-on-one mental health therapy.

Please consider yourself warned!!!

Ann

--- End quote ---

Please note the warning.

Thing is, coming back here when you have an irrational thought is counter-productive. It sabotages your therapy (assuming you are actually going) and it reinforces destructive behavior.

I certainly cannot in good conscience continue to provide negative reinforcement to these fears, which time and again we have thoroughly explained to you.

paulv21981:
Sorry jkinatl2
You're completely right and I do know it's no risk I just always have that little bit of doubt which I know it's my problem and you can't help with that I shouldn't of posted it cos it's wasting your time anyway just a reply to say sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version