HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Condom Slip - please help

<< < (5/12) > >>

Ann:
Paul,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

I asked you to read those guidelines back in reply #8. Stop breaking our rules.

You didn't have a risk.

As the insertive parter, you're supposed to hang on to the condom when you withdraw. Not only is this just good sexual etiquette, but it will also stop you from freaking out every time you have sexual contact.

Are you trying to contrive a true risk situation so we can tell you unequivocally that you need to test? Knock it off.

If you're sexually active, you should be testing regularly anyway without all these dramatics on your part and without our prompting.

Old enough to have sex? Then you're old enough to take responsibility for your sexual health by getting a full panel of STI testing done on a regular basis.

Ann

paulv21981:
Hi Ann,

Thanks for your comments. I am very new to all this. I had a long closed relationship and we never had anal sex because we couldn't. Anyway I then meet another partner and we do have anal sex and he is only the person I have had full sex to the end with.

The person who I had the condom incident with told me he did that on purpose in case it was dirty.

I stopped what we were doing after 30 seconds.

I am starting to annoy people, so sorry - I have been asking the guy loads of questions as well.

Thanks ann and sorry to annoy you.

paulv21981:
Hi guys,

Well I finally went for the test today and it was negative. The place were I went I have been before and the nurse could see I was nervous and he did a 20min test on me, usually the give results in 2 weeks. I think the only do the 20mins test if they are going to give PEP out.

Anyway, I want to say thanks to all of you for replying and patients - I know I asked many questions and kept asking over and over again so I'm sorry for annoying you all.

I just want to also say to people like myself that keep asking questions about oral sex and getting told no risk and asking what if and what if.

My situation - I performed oral sex on many guys and my oral health isn't great ! I haven't been to the dentist for 10 years! My gums do bleed as well. I have recently gone to the dentist and I need 10 small fillings which I'm half way through now.

I asked the nurse many questions - So he said the risk is pretty non-existence - its just in this country that can't say zero risk but really they do mean zero risk.
I said about meth mouth damaging your mouth and if guys cum in your mouth could you catch it, he said well I can see why they say that in regards to "meth mouth" - but again is still very low to pretty non existence.

I just wished that everybody in the industry and all the stuff on the internet would get wiped off.

The only thing you need to remember is wear a condom for anal and viginal sex - if you don't or it breaks go straight away to A&E for PEP. And make sure it doesn't happen again. That's how simple it is.

Anyway I know how much people worry because I did the same for months. But I am starting to learn more - The nurse has referred me for health anxiety therapy. Maybe some of the guys on here that are like me and keep repeating things might look into this.

Again thanks for everyone in replying.

Paul.

Ann:
Paul,

I can't tell you how happy I am that you were fortunate enough to come across a nurse who actually knew what he was talking about. And not only that, but also referred you to counselling for your anxiety. Score!

Along with using condoms correctly and consistently, don't forget to get annual FULL sexual health screens (please re-read reply #7 in this thread). Do both of these and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple, as you have come to realise. And thank goodness!

Good luck with your counselling sessions and stick with them.

Ann

paulv21981:
Thanks Ann,

Yeah on Monday he did a full screening as well for me.

So just one last question...sorry...When you say don't forget to have a full screening then you will avoid infection.
Is this because if you have STI then HIV infection is easier to transmit to you?

In theory what if you have mouth STI and give blow job? As you know you might not know if you have an STI.

Paul.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version