Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Depression Drug That Works In Hours

(1/2) > >>

tednlou2:
Saw this on ABC World News tonight.  I am interested in finding out more about this.  My depression and anxiety have gotten worse the last few months.  I hope a cure of some kind will be found. 

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/life-changing-drug-fights-depression-hours-17938826

BT65:
If you're truly interested in this, you may want to talk to your doctor about how to get in on the clinical trials. Otherwise you're going to have to wait to see if this will be approved for use.

Ann:
Ted, have you tried therapy? I can't remember if you see a therapist or not. If not, why not?

tednlou2:

--- Quote from: Ann on December 13, 2012, 06:51:47 AM ---Ted, have you tried therapy? I can't remember if you see a therapist or not. If not, why not?

--- End quote ---

I do see a therapist about every 2-3 weeks.  He works and has worked with many poz patients, going back to the 80's.  It does help very much.  It is good to discuss HIV issues, as well as everyday things.  However, I think the good ol' chemical imbalance is the big culprit.  I was on Cymbalta, but recently switched back to Prozac.  That worked very well years ago.  And, we're in this time where it gets dark at 5pm and more cloudy days than sunny.

--- Quote from: BT65 on December 13, 2012, 05:17:50 AM ---If you're truly interested in this, you may want to talk to your doctor about how to get in on the clinical trials. Otherwise you're going to have to wait to see if this will be approved for use.

--- End quote ---

I've been trying to get info on the drug trial.  If anyone learns of info on how to possibly participate, please post. 

Ann:
Try searching here: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on December 14, 2012, 01:00:49 AM ---
And, we're in this time where it gets dark at 5pm and more cloudy days than sunny.

--- End quote ---

I hear you on that. Where I'm at, it starts getting dark around 3:30pm and it doesn't start getting light until around 8am. Then you have days like today where it's pissing-down rain and I have to have the lights on even at 10:30am. It's like being in a cave without the lights on. And yes, it gets depressing.

You do know, don't you, that the festival of Christmas took over the ancient winter solstice celebrations, because after Dec 22 or 23, the days start getting longer again. Something that hits home in more northerly climes and really something to celebrate. We do get a trade off - in summer we have a few weeks where the sun is up at 4am and doesn't set until after 10pm. Well, when there aren't clouds in the way anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version