Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

Calimmune: Safety Study of a Dual Anti-HIV Gene Transfer Construct to Treat HIV-

<< < (2/29) > >>

JazJon:
I'm on the Calimmune list as well, I'll post what I can if I make it.  I'm excited to help move research forward.

geobee:
Well I didn't qualify again for the Sangamo T-Cell trial.  My adenovirus titre went from 500 something to 100 something but it needs to be below 40.  So... nixed again for that trial.

But Quest called back today and I did qualify for the CalImmune trial and am considering it.  I'm pretty comfortable replacing some of my T-Cells -- but more apprehensive re: stem cells.

JazJon:

--- Quote from: geobee on April 04, 2013, 12:19:57 AM ---Well I didn't qualify again for the Sangamo T-Cell trial.  My adenovirus titre went from 500 something to 100 something but it needs to be below 40.  So... nixed again for that trial.

But Quest called back today and I did qualify for the CalImmune trial and am considering it.  I'm pretty comfortable replacing some of my T-Cells -- but more apprehensive re: stem cells.

--- End quote ---

If we both get on board, we'll have to share and compare our experiences.   I was told you can either do Stem cell without chemotherapy, with "light" chemotherapy. or with "medium" chemotherapy.    I think the logic of doing chemo to reset your immune system is very logical, so I'm going for the chemo if I get to pick.   Our hair won't fall out or anything, it's not the intense long dosage they give cancer patients.   It won't happen until later that year probably from what I understood. 

POZnLA:

--- Quote from: JazJon on April 04, 2013, 01:37:03 AM ---If we both get on board, we'll have to share and compare our experiences.   I was told you can either do Stem cell without chemotherapy, with "light" chemotherapy. or with "medium" chemotherapy.    I think the logic of doing chemo to reset your immune system is very logical, so I'm going for the chemo if I get to pick.   Our hair won't fall out or anything, it's not the intense long dosage they give cancer patients.   It won't happen until later that year probably from what I understood.

--- End quote ---

I have an appointment for a consult, not screen yet, this coming Wed in LA at UCLA Center for Aids research. Wish me luck. I have been off meds since 3/15, due to drug reactions. They said that they expect to start screening this week, or the next.

geobee:
After mulling it over, I'm leaning towards doing this trial.  I sent an email to my doc and will let you know what her opinion is.   If she's neutral or better I'm going to talk to Quest and schedule a short informational session with Dr. Jay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version