POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 02:30:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23349
  • Latest: BarryH
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636663
  • Total Topics: 48323
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Time-honoured moments from the Amsterdam gathering  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
Time-honoured moments from the Amsterdam gathering
« on: October 07, 2006, 05:23:37 AM »
I was gonna write this in my first post about the AMGathering in Amsterdam, but changed my mind and decided to split it and make two posts.  Well, this one is about some of the worthy, highly  esteemed instants that I had the chance to partake in oh so many ways with each one of you.  It is just a simple recollection of dim perceptions, spontaneous feelings  and a personal way, for me, to cast a brief look at gleaned, stolen moments during the three days we gathered in that beautiful city.

And there should not be any special reason why the first person I'll talk about in this post  is Juan,  other than the fact that he was my roomate and, therefore, was the first person that I met upon my arrival in Amsterdam!  But, if you bear with me I'll strive to make it clear the galvanizing emotion that set forth our relationship thereafter...
Try to imagine this: I had never met Juan before.  The exchange of some e-mails and messages at the forums was all that we had shared. 
However, when we first met at the apartment that we rented for three days, we did not hug and did not shake hands! We kept sending each other all these SMS like "I'm at the Madrid airport" and/or "Je suis près de Lille" on the way to Amsterdam, and when I finally arrived (Juan arrived first, for I drove from Paris) at the apartment, he just came down and helped me with my luggage!  Next, we sat down and start chatting and getting to know each other!  And, believe it or not, this piqued my interest 'cause it really was just like two old friends meeting once again.  Right away I thought to myself that somehow I knew Juan already...  And I was right!

With Eirin, and to put it plain and simple, I had the most delightful experience a guy can have!  For our last night in Amsterdam, they (Coen and Eirin) had organized a dinner at The Hiv Centre.  That in itself was an authentic experience that I enjoyed very much 'cause the food was exquisitely good, the live music appealing and everyone was having a good time.  Now, I have to tell you once again that Eirin is a doll!  We really were close to each other as soon as we met and all I wanted to do was to be near her, kiss her and hold her in my arms. Exaggerated? Perhaps.
So, at this dinner party she was sitting opposite to me at the table and I was making some comments about the "Turkish Stew" that we were having. And since the music was loud, it was almost impossible to hear appropriately what everyone was saying.  Well, it got to the point that she could not hear me anymore and, all of a sudden, stood up and came next to me.  After hearing what I had said, she stared at me straight in the eyes and kissed me gently in the cheek!  Needless to say, I was in paradise.

It was a different ball game with Coen.  Here we had  a gifted, good-humoured guy that won all of us over with his delicate and enthusiastic manners right at the beginning of the meeting.  I was impressed by his voice, his education and musical abilities and, most importantly,  I was at a loss on how to get acquainted with him, for everyone seemed to be basking around him and Eirin!  My opportunity, though, would arrive at the side excursion we took to the enchanting little town of Delft. Nothing was planned either by me or Coen: it just happened!  We got together and stroke up a conversation that led to one of the most vibrant and interesting causerie I had with any of the other guys...  I also felt like hugging him and letting him know how charming I thought he was, but this would happen only sometime later!

As for Hermie, the moment I was waiting for was even more laborious to come by!  He is  very happy, sprightful  and cosmopolitan and always busy trying to make you laugh. I had talked to him on the phone several times, and knew more or less what to expect from our meeting.
It was indeed during the last moments of the meeting that I really enjoyed Herman's vivacity and  "joie de vivre!"  After the dinner at The Hiv Centre, Siang, myself  and Herman went home together, since they had left their luggage at my place.  It was raining that night and  a bit chilly, so I put my arms around his shoulder and we laughed  for a long time about different subjects while Siang would follow us from a distance...

With my beloved Water Duck, aka as Siang, things went as smoothly as always.  We had spent some time at each other houses prior to this gathering, and were glad to meet again.  Now, this special fellow did  not realize this,  but I was once again struck by his generosity and warm, thoughtful feelings. 
At the dinner we had after the lovely concert Coen gave us as a welcome ceremony, Siang gave each of us an adorable, cute and delicious chocolate box.  As he was distributing the boxes to each person, I looked at him and seized the happiness and satisfaction he was having by just giving pleasure away!  After what he turned to me and said: "This is an extra one for your baby!"  Gosh, I was overwhelmed with such eye-filling, thoughtful manners...

As far as Markmt and Jean are concerned, we had several little, intimate moments that I'll cherish for as long as I live.  For example, during lunch at a trendy café by the Amstel River, I had Mark all for my self for at least ten minutes!  I will not disclose the subject of our conversation, for it was of the utmost importance to me to have his opinion on what we discussed.  As usual, his inputs and sage insights were more than appreciated!   Markmt, just like Siang,  brought to each one of us a littlle souvenir from Malta.  It was some bottles of liqueur and Nougats made in the Island...And that was very sweet of him!
With Jean, well, there was not much conversation 'cause he is too sexy for me just to chat.  I needed to touch and hug him all the time and feel the heat! :))) And i am not ashamed of this confession!

There you have it, then!  Correspondingly, I shall be more than pleased to read  your own "delectable moments" at the Amsterdam Gathering, if you feel like sharing it with us that is!
In writing these few lines here, I attempted to steer away from any kind of gossip that, undeniably, results  whenever a group of people assemble.  If by any reason I did comment on something that I shouldn't have, I make a stand for my initial feeling when posting this message,  which was to share some of the most agreable moments I have ever had the opportunity of sharing with a group of persons I hardly knew before actually meeting them face to face!

Peace to you all, ladies and gentlemen.

Love,
Val
___
___

« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:17:33 AM by Val »
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline blondbeauty

Re: Time-honoured moments from the Amsterdam gathering
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 07:16:03 AM »
Thank you Val! Now I know what happened the last day..when I wasn´t there... :-\ I was doing what I "really like": serving coffee to endless rows and rows of passengers... >:(
 :-* :-* :-*
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline joemutt

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 03:58:17 AM »

:) Se souvenir de belles choses
(to remember beautiful things)  :)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 12:48:13 AM by joemutt »

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 07:19:31 AM »
Hey Val,

Tears in my eyes reading. So happy about what you say, about the meaning of the weekend.

As for sunday, I guess maybe what we did wrong was making the arrangements while being on a busy street where everybody was chatting happilly. There was not really concentration at that very moment.

It hurts when someone feels that he or she is forgotten. But I also think that none of us believe that it happened on purpose. By the way this hurted everybody involved, I can feel that it felt so bad because we actually do care so much about each other. If we think about that, it is easier to forget the one not so nice incident in a fantastic weekend.

Big hug to all of you.

Coen

Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline Markmt

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:40:39 PM »
Dear Val, thankyou for the beautiful post + sharing your deep thought and feelings. Your confessions are sweet. If my sins where as cute as yours I will be seated on the front row in heaven :D. As I already explained the whole experience was nothing but positive. I was thrilled 3 way fold. Meeting up with Jean after 45 days (since he is away studying in the Southampthon). Discovering the  Brussels and the Netherlands which I loved so much, and getting to meet you people in person. As Jan (annibec) said, its ok to be on the forum but nothing compares in meeting face to face. I simply loved interacting with each and everyone of you. I have nothing but great memories and looking forward for more to come. ----- Dont forget to check your e-mails ;),

Love hugs and kisses,

Mark   
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline eirin

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 08:08:25 AM »
Dear Val,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings about our little meeting. I am truly moved about what you wrote, it is so beautiful and sweet, and you truly captured what the whole thing was about and the happiness and love we all shared!

For me it was a true honour to be among such a wonderful group of kind and adorable men, this is not something that happens every day, for me it was an unforgettable weekend that I will cherish for a long time to come!

And Val you know you stole my heart from the very first moment I saw you!
Couldn't get enough of your hugs and kisses! Love you baby! :-*

For any misunderstandings, I hope and think they are buried and forgotten.
The good times we had together are much more important, and is what we
should remember when we think about this wonderful weekend, at least that is how I feel about it!

Lots of love to all my brothers in arms! Eirin 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.