Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Drunken feeling on Atripla

(1/2) > >>

conwaygay:
I'm on day 5 of Atripla.  The first few nights I had vivid dreams, but haven't had any since.  I do find that the slightest things will wake me, though, and it's really hard to fall back asleep once I wake.  This doesn't bother me much, at least yet.
What bothers me is that I've felt really disoriented and drunken for the majority of the day every day since taking it (I take it around 1030pm).
I'm a nursing student and I work, so feeling like this makes it really hard to be productive and really hard to concentrate.
I've read people say they feel hung over in the mornings, but I feel flat out drunk until just a few hours before taking the meds again.
Does this side effect generally dissipate after a few weeks?

WindySkies:
What about switching to something else that doesn't have those side effects?

conwaygay:

--- Quote from: WindySkies on December 11, 2012, 03:05:24 PM ---What about switching to something else that doesn't have those side effects?

--- End quote ---

I'm going to give Atripla a month, at least. I want my meds to be consistent and taken often to avoid resistance.

WindySkies:

--- Quote from: conwaygay on December 11, 2012, 03:11:59 PM ---I'm going to give Atripla a month, at least. I want my meds to be consistent and taken often to avoid resistance.

--- End quote ---

If you stay in the same family of drugs you shouldn't have an issue jumping back and forth. Complera and Stribild would fall into the same family as Atripla.  I'm switching from Complera to Stribild and was told I can always go back to Complera at any point if need be.

I would discuss it with your doctor at the very least. It's bad enough having to live with HIV, why take on further unnecessary stuff to deal with.

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: WindySkies on December 11, 2012, 03:52:57 PM ---If you stay in the same family of drugs you shouldn't have an issue jumping back and forth. Complera and Stribild would fall into the same family as Atripla.  I'm switching from Complera to Stribild and was told I can always go back to Complera at any point if need be.

I would discuss it with your doctor at the very least. It's bad enough having to live with HIV, why take on further unnecessary stuff to deal with.

--- End quote ---

You should be able to change regimens from one class to another without there being an issue as well. Where did you come up with this theory about needing to stay in one class?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version