Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

Another Low Testosterone question...

(1/1)

boi2kwik4u:
I was 23 or so when I first asked my doctors regarding Testosterone levels.   I think I was doing it more for the fact I wanted to beef up (tall and thin) then actually have low T.  Then of course they said I was too young, HIV or not.   At the time I thought my sex drive was fine but looking back I only sought sex when I was high on something, mostly alcohol.  My poor choices caught up with me eventually and I ended up in prison for 6 months for DUIs.   While in Prison, I asked the HIV doctor to test my Test levels and he had no objections.   It turns out I was low, around 200 or so.  So he prescribed me Androgel.  It worked great. I felt more alive, more energy, focused, ect.   After 3 months my T levels worked back to normal, 600 or so.  Though I still wanted to stay on the gel,  I had no insurance coming out and I knew my docs in Omaha wouldn't feel it was needed.   

Now I've been in a relationship for over a year now, about to turn 30 and my sex drive went to shit.  I'm not really depressed but I do get fatigue, even though I do take Adderall which gives me some kind of a boost.   More importantly, I had an above average sex life before and now I finally found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with and I have no urges for sex like I use to.  I thought about just looking into over the counter natural testosterone boosters to see if that'll help any.  Anyone ever try this?   I see the my doctors in a few weeks so I'll try to consult with them again, as I do have health insurance now.     Any info would help!

Bates:
Ask for testosterone injections, they are one a week and keep levels more stable than androgel, plus you don't have to worry about androgel rubbing off on anyone inadvertantly (like a women or child).

WillyWump:
I havent tried any of the otc Testosterone boosting products, I would question their usefulness, but thats just me.

The only way to do this is have your doctor check your T levels and then you can either rule that out or in as the cause of your issues.

-Will

lincoln6echo:
Hi boi2kwik4u
I just started on T injections 4 weeks ago. I actually did my own injection this week..woo hoo! (I did jab myself twice tho, that stuff is really thick and hard to inject)

Along with a bunch of other tests, I had my T checked and I was quite low so the doc figured this would be a good option.

It's only week 4 but I am starting to feel more energy and I can tell it's having an effect particularly when I'm at the gym.

As for sex drive, I can't really say it's made me into a total horn dog or anything but maybe i'm just getting back what I had before?  It's only week 4 so I think more time should tell.

lincoln.

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: lincoln6echo on December 29, 2012, 02:20:02 AM ---Hi boi2kwik4u
I just started on T injections 4 weeks ago. I actually did my own injection this week..woo hoo! (I did jab myself twice tho, that stuff is really thick and hard to inject)

--- End quote ---

Hey Echo, almost 2 years in and I STILL have a hard time injecting. Of course I hate needles so that doesnt help. I alternate between the legs and butt.  I find the butt almost painless (goes in like butter), and yes it is difficult to get back there, but I manage to do it (Ive become so good and limber Ive thought about calling Cirque de Soleil.)

-Will

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version