POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 27, 2014, 04:29:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 650504
  • Total Topics: 49666
  • Online Today: 154
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 127
Total: 131

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: exposure,real symptoms,high esr..freaked out  (Read 1149 times)

Offline rocky231442

• Standard
exposure,real symptoms,high esr..freaked out
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:54:56 AM »
Hey ann,andy,jeff,joe and all experts....i had vaginal exposure with a street prostitute in arab country..The street prostitute was from bangladesh....i did 3-5 minutes of vaginal sex..i used out dated very thin condom which i doubt was of latex....m sure it must have been torn or broken from somewhere..after ejaculating inside her when i was removing condom my penile foreskin swelled and was red..i can ckearly see bruises on my inner penile foreskin which is main route of hiv transmission..i am uncircumcised also....that street worker was illegally doing sex work and m sure she is hiv positive...2 weeks after exposure i got sore throat and fever..which were there for 1 week..and right after that 1 night suddenly i got pain in my right knee which then migrated to my both feet ankle soles my elbows hands fingers back everywhere..from more than 2 months i am having constant joint and muscle pain in my whole body..especially in my both knees down upto soles and in both of my hands and fingers..pain is too much and constant..i havent slept from the day the pain started in my knee..the pain is real and isnt anxiety or stress related..looking at my pain my doc told to get esr and crp test done...both of them came highly elevated..esr was 22 and crp was 48...i took aloadz of antibiotics and painkillers but nothing worked..later after few days i took another esr test and it went upto 32..when normal is inbetween 1-15..i have read everywhere and heard from many docs dat esr levels are almost elevated in hiv infection..this really scared me:(..one thing is sure that there is inflammation in my body due to infection....i hope it isnt hiv..i got tested at 6 weeks post exposure with hiv 4th generation duo test..result came back negative..at day 47 i took hiv 1 proviral dna pcr test which also came back negative with less then 100 viral copies per ml..last test i took is at 9 weeks post exposure again with hiv 4th generation duo test..it came back negative..m really stumped and puzzled because of high esr continous joint and muscle pain and 9 weeks negative duo elisa test....i have also seen hiv and rheumatological manifestations and musckuloskeletal infections with hiv primary infection..m really scared because my symptoms arent going..kindly advice..thank u :(

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: exposure,real symptoms,high esr..freaked out
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:50:02 AM »
I doubt you had a risk for for HIV but what really matters is you have tested negative and do not have HIV . Your test are conclusive that you do not have HIV .

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Offline rocky231442

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »
Thanks jeff for the reply....but how can u so confidently say that i dont have hiv?i was never ever having this much of constant and painful joints and muscle pains in my entire life....if the pain wud have been subsided in few days than i must have convinced myself that its not hiv..but this pain is so severe and constant from more than 2 months..and this isnt anxiety or stress..my esr is very high also crp proving that i have got joint and muscle inflammation....and i have read it everywhere from all the docs from medhelp or any other place and scientific studies that if a person is infected with hiv then his esr will be 100 % elevated in initaial stage..mine was abnormally elevated and is still elevated..i have done all tests from ra factor ana anticcp aso titre all are negative..which clearly shows my esr and crp results are elevated because of acute infection..and hiv fits it looking at my constant arthritic and muscle pains in my whole body....and one more thing i have to ask..before exposure i was admitted in hosp for 2 months because of severe pancreatitis,my bile duct got blocked,liver was inflammed..was there on high steroids for 2 months for reducing inflammation..m sure my immune system will be severely compromised and isnt able to produce enough antibodies because of this..what do you think?the high dosed immunosuppresive steroids i took for more then 2 months will delay my seroconversion?i wasnt even given anything to eat or even drink water for 2 months..i was on steroids and other meds only..doesnt this make my immune system very suppressed?ann ,andy your advice will be also greatly appreciated

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:52:37 AM »
Nothing you mention changes the fact that you do not have HIV and have tested negative . If your immune system were so damaged you could not produce antibody's you would be hours away from death and not on the computer asking questions .

We do not discuss symptoms so if you are sick go see a doctor ... its not HIV .

Offline rocky231442

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:14:41 AM »
Jeff although you are sure that i didnt caught hiv but my constant persistent joint pain from 2.5 months are very severe..none of my joint is left...I have seen on many threads including this one that few persons take longer than 3 months to to turn positive....usually 6 months....and hiv infection along with hepatitis c can delay seroconversion..Ann already said that when she seroconverted at that time her joint pains were there for many months..my joint pains are also constant and persistent from 2 and a half months..they are very severe that i m not able to walk or sleep from last 2 and a half months..just see all possibilities jeff...u must have also seen what ann said that she got severe joint pains for many months..my esr values were also far abnormal....and i have tested at just 9 weeks....next week m gonna get tested it will be fee days shorter from 3 months....next month is my engagement and i dont wanna put my fiances life in danger because i still think i have got hiv..this is my 3rd post and i wont be allowed to post after that and i dont have a paypal account..cant i subscribe through my visa card?jeff please request andy or ann to reply to my msg..i want their opinion also..specially if ann can reply as she also got severe and constant joint pain for months like i am having right now....i dont wanna have hiv seriously :(..one mistake and m really freaking out....please tell andy or ann to reply also jeff....looking at my constant severe joint pains and highly elevated asr and crp values..

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:40:31 AM »
You have your facts wrong . A 3 month test is conclusive, not 6 months . The new duo test can detect HIV earlier and you used that test at 9 weeks and got a negative result .

You do not have HIV but if you insist on wasting your time concentrating on a virus you do not have that is up to you . We will not waste your or our time discussing symptoms because testing is the only way to know, not guessing what symptoms means . You tested negative for HIV so look elsewhere for your health problems ... its not HIV . 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 03:45:11 PM »
You have your facts wrong . A 3 month test is conclusive, not 6 months . The new duo test can detect HIV earlier and you used that test at 9 weeks and got a negative result .

You do not have HIV but if you insist on wasting your time concentrating on a virus you do not have that is up to you . We will not waste your or our time discussing symptoms because testing is the only way to know, not guessing what symptoms means . You tested negative for HIV so look elsewhere for your health problems ... its not HIV . 

Do not post outside of this again . Only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter . You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here .

I have told you already what the testing window period is and I stand by that . If you do not trust this website for correct information than go somewhere else .

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.