Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

HIV+ and married with child

<< < (3/5) > >>

mecch:
My thoughts are you should contact her again and give her a piece of your mind about the lie.

And at the same time, accept that you are hardly Prince Gallant in this sordid story of transmission (as so many transmission stories are....).

Weren't you cheating on your wife, in secret, and I'm assuming here you never had permission to have sex outside marriage?  (Even though its a sexless marriage.... Let's talk about lies, shall we.  Whos the liar?  Pot, kettle, kettle pot.) 

And hooking up online and having unprotected sex with a stranger - those were your decisions. 

Read her the riot act and make her squirm if you think it might shake and stop lying in the future.  And then read it to yourself, and move on....  No "reporting" necessary.  I am assuming you would appreciate some kindness and understanding when YOUR lies are revealed and they hurt and fall heavily on the ones you love.

mecch:
Oh, and just to clarify.

If your state has one of those interviews with a health worker where they try to track infections for notification and health purposes, i don't necessarily have a problem with that.  But you know and she knows that you are both HIV+.  So no tracking needed between the two of you.

I got the impression you were really referring to wanting to start some sort of moral/criminal repercussion for her lie.  Thats why I responded sternly. But if thats not what you meant, my apologies!

Some of us are worked up lately about people not understanding how bad and illogical criminal transmission laws are.  Eventually thats another thing you'll come to terms with as you get used to being HIV+. 

Contrary to what the intruder just posted, nobody here sanctions or defends HIV transmission.

Ann:

--- Quote from: mecch on December 15, 2012, 04:30:46 AM ---
Contrary to what the intruder just posted, nobody here sanctions or defends HIV transmission.

--- End quote ---

The "intruder" has been banned (for repeatedly violating our posting rules) and his post removed.

RiderMan:
Thx for the honest input, this is appreciated. I am no prince Gallant, that is for sure; and not looking for legal action; I admit my errors and I don't try to camouflage them.

I am supposed to meet my therapist this week and my doc mentioned that I would also talk with Social Workers, so not sure what I need to tell them (if anything)?  I have talked with HER and was not 'harsh' since I am also concerned abour her health.  I encouraged her to go back to doc and get medicated, which she did (taking Kivexa and Sustiva as of last week).

On another note this web site has been very helpful, I stumbled across it my mistake (as i was ravaging the Net for info on my new life) and it is really great, unfortunate to see all of us brought here for the same reason but very informative and almost a form of therapy...

PS. What is this 'intruder' comment? I read my post and did not see any odd 'posters' unless it was a joke about 1 of the harsh responses?

Ann:

--- Quote from: RiderMan on December 17, 2012, 08:35:14 AM ---
PS. What is this 'intruder' comment? I read my post and did not see any odd 'posters' unless it was a joke about 1 of the harsh responses?

--- End quote ---

The "intruder" was an hiv negative person who was not permitted to post outside the Am I Infected forum. I removed his (illegal) post because it added nothing to the discussion - it was shit-stirring, pure and simple. I also banned the "intruder" because it wasn't the first time he posted where he's not permitted to post and he'd been warned about it before. So, bye-bye to him.

--- Quote from: Ann on December 15, 2012, 05:01:39 AM ---
The "intruder" has been banned (for repeatedly violating our posting rules) and his post removed.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version