Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

returning to school

(1/3) > >>

idee:
I am returning to school, and I was wondering if there are any scholarships for people with HIV who continue their education.

wolfter:
Not sure if there are scholarships or not, but wanted to congratulate you.  Perhaps your academic/financial aid adviser can direct you.

Best of luck

Wolfie

BT65:
I have no idea about the scholarships. I've been paying for my education with loans, because I was born beautiful and not rich. 

Good luck, Idee.  You can do it.

Betty

aztecan:
I am not sure if it is the same everywhere, but the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation has helped several people I know.

It's worth a shot.

HUGS,

Mark

poz91:
If you qualify, Pell Grants will typically cover the cost of your classes and textbooks with a little bit left over each semester for incidental expenses.

The Pell Grant / FAFSA application (free application for federal student aid) can be found at ed.gov

As for any scholarships specifically for HIV+ students, I looked into that too and couldn't find anything. I personally didn't feel comfortable disclosing my status to a financial aid counselor at the school, though... so there may very well be some out there and I just didn't know where to look?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version