Main Forums > Living With HIV

Go to Starbucks this Saturday!

(1/9) > >>

Mrmojorisin:
http://news.yahoo.com/starbucks-donate-red-world-aids-day-014349568.html

Growler:

ACTUP! Drink UP! If just 80 people buy a crapocina from starf*cks then an AIDs "Victim" can get one free!!!!!

GROWLER

Rev. Moon:

--- Quote ---
The company announced Thursday it would give five cents to the Global Fund of the RED foundation for each hand-crafted drink it sells on Saturday in the United States and Canada.

--- End quote ---

Not to be ungrateful or anything, but I have to say that I'm not impressed.

Based on a quick google search for "how many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in one day", this company sells approximately 5 millions cups daily.

If they're going to donate a puny nickel for every cup that they sell (anywhere between $4.25 and $7.00 each) then their donation will be about $250,000.

Something is something, but they could and should do better than that.

bocker3:

--- Quote from: Rev. Moon on November 30, 2012, 08:01:34 PM ---
Not to be ungrateful or anything, but I have to say that I'm not impressed.

Based on a quick google search for "how many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in one day", this company sells approximately 5 millions cups daily.

If they're going to donate a puny nickel for every cup that they sell (anywhere between $4.25 and $7.00 each) then their donation will be about $250,000.

Something is something, but they could and should do better than that.

--- End quote ---

But you are being ungrateful, Blanche -- you are....................

They COULD give jackshit, but they aren't.  They are giving something........   So, why "should" they do better - what would be enough in your eyes?  I don't get this attitude?  They are damed if they don't and and they are damned if the do......

buginme2:
How many other American, British, French, Australian, Canadian etc large corporations are donating a portion of their proceeds?

Crickets

At least they are doing something

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version