Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Secret gay handshakes

<< < (2/9) > >>

wolfter:

--- Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 29, 2012, 12:38:42 PM ---

She also asked me if another male coworker "attended our church" which was another phrase I had not heard in years.

--- End quote ---

Damn, there's another phrase I've never heard of regarding sexuality.  If I was ever asked, I probably answered that I attended The White Chapel Baptist Church.... :o

I really needed a handbook I guess.  Luckily, the acts came naturally.

mitch777:
i would be very tempted to pass along a note to her explaining your concerns in a very direct way.
she was so unprofessional in announcing your sexuality.
SHE is the one that needs some councelling! >:(

Jeff G:
Hi Ford ... I would have been terribly offended and also a bit of feeling sorry for this woman if it had happend to me .

There are way to many good things that you shared with us about your thoughts on this matter for me to point out but it should be required reading for those people who refuse to come out when the only real reason they don't is sheer laziness and apathy . Its attitudes like hers that sends gay youth the message something is wrong with them and does more harm than most people can fathom . 

I do realize that for some people in some places what I said doesn't apply but it certainly seems to fit this individual . I feel strongly about this , its more than a pet peeve for me .     

mecch:
The notes and secrecy aside. The fake snide public put down of your sexuality suggests a self-hating bully?  Be careful around this person.

Rev. Moon:

--- Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 29, 2012, 11:35:55 AM ---So later in the shift people are talking about their Christmas decorations and after I describe mine she says "God, you are such a gay boy" in a snide voice.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 29, 2012, 12:38:42 PM ---If she wants me to keep her sexual orientation a secret why is she calling me out on mine in a negative way in front of colleagues?

She also asked me if another male coworker "attended our church" which was another phrase I had not heard in years.

--- End quote ---

The note was pretty stupid, but the parts the I quoted are more annoying.  I think she's gonna be a shit-stirrer.  I wouldn't recommend this one as an acquaintance.

--- Quote from: jg1962 on November 29, 2012, 02:15:26 PM ---... people who refuse to come out when the only real reason they don't is sheer laziness and apathy . Its attitudes like hers that sends gay youth the message something is wrong with them and does more harm than most people can fathom . 

--- End quote ---

++

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version