Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Truvada and Isentress fatigue?

(1/2) > >>

Callaway:
Truvada and Isentress are the first drugs for HIV I've been on since April 2012 and just wondering if fatigue is a side effect anyone else has experienced?  I seem to be more tired than usual since I started medications are rarely feel fully rested even with adequate sleep.  My GP said he had to be on them for HIV+ blood exposure once as preventative measure and he recalls them 'knocking me flat on my ass' and making him really tired.  Can anyone else relate?

jb1973:
Hell yes. I've battled fatigue for a few years now and it seems to get a little worse with the meds. BUT, I think my fatigue is due more to my sedentary lifestyle. If I ever get offs lazy ass and exercise, I guess I would know for sure.

Jeff G:
In all the years that I have been poz the complaint of fatigue has been an issue for me and one of the most often voiced complaints about living with HIV I have heard over the years . Its also a complaint that I can only remember but a few who ever got a definitive answer as to why they were having the issue , it seems to go hand and hand with living with HIV .

My statement doesn't seem very helpful until you stop and think about it . It seems to me the best way to deal with fatigue in the absence of a definitive medical diagnosis other than HIV is to try and do all the things you can to help yourself feel better . Its just common sense things like getting the proper amount of rest , watching what you eat and not becoming a couch potato . These things help me somewhat and I have good days and bad ones with the fatigue no matter what I do . I'm certainly not suggesting you shouldn't talk to your doctor about it though . 

Newguy:
I am on Truvada and Isentress and have zero fatigue. Actually quite the opposite, I feel totally energized since I started treatment one month ago.

Callaway:
Thanks all for your responses....sounds like it's quite an individual experience for everyone.  I have reported this to my doctor however no real suggestions on how to deal with it were made.  I think I just need to take care of myself as was suggested with adequate rest, nutrition and exercise to the best of my ability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version