Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Grapefruit In The News Again

(1/1)

tednlou2:
Saw this on ABC News tonight.  This isn't breaking news, but just more evidence of the problem.The study report says grapefruit with certain medications can actually cause death.  Obviously, most are not dropping dead.  However, grapefruit can cause you to have too much of the drug in your system.  And, it doesn't matter whether you wait 12 hours between taking the medications and eating or drinking grapefruit.  Some HIV meds are on the list. 

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/11/26/grapefruit-medicine-interaction-warning-expanded/

Ann:
Good thing grapefruit is the only citrus fruit I absolutely cannot stand. My mother used to make me eat some at breakfast occasionally (how do you know you don't like it if you don't try it?) and it always made me gag. The mere thought of grapefruit makes me shudder. ~ick~

OneTampa:

--- Quote from: Ann on November 27, 2012, 07:23:05 AM ---Good thing grapefruit is the only citrus fruit I absolutely cannot stand. My mother used to make me eat some at breakfast occasionally (how do you know you don't like it if you don't try it?) and it always made me gag. The mere thought of grapefruit makes me shudder. ~ick~

--- End quote ---

Same here.  I grew to absolutely hate grapefruit.  I remember asking my mother, why that big nasty tasting thing was called a grape fruit since it was not small and purple?  She told me to go and sit down somewhere.   ;D

Ann:

--- Quote from: OneTampa on November 27, 2012, 10:38:06 PM ---Same here.  I grew to absolutely hate grapefruit.  I remember asking my mother, why that big nasty tasting thing was called a grape fruit since it was not small and purple?  She told me to go and sit down somewhere.   ;D

--- End quote ---

hehehehe... I used to stamp my little feet and whine; "it don't taste like grape!!!" I can't even describe what it tastes like to me, it's just.... evil, sour ickiness. Ick times twenty-thousand. Of course my mother absolutely loved grapefruit, which made me exceedingly suspicious of her. :o

And ya know how often times foods we hated as children grow on us as adults?

I still hate grapefruit!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version