Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Is Atripla affecting my mood?

<< < (3/3)

TabooPrincess:
Oh and my consultant has not said anything about norvir.  Is this always needed?

Ann:
I've been on Truvada, Prezista (darunavir) and Norvir since last July and I like it.

I was advised (both by people here and by my consultant) that if I'm going to take it (Prezista) with Truvada, I have to take Norvir as well. You should double-check with your consultant about this. I remember specifically discussing this with my doc (because I'd hoped to avoid Norvir) and he said he absolutely did not recommend going without Norvir.

Aside from a little more diarrhea than usual in the first week or so, Norvir hasn't been a problem for me. It just takes a little getting used to for your gut. (Caveat - for a small minority, it continues to be a problem.) I worried about Norvir because I've already been dealing with hiv related diarrhea for over ten years and I was wary of making it worse and no longer being able to control it as I do now. But like I said, aside from the first week or so it hasn't been a problem.

Miss Philicia:
I've been on Prezista since it was in clinical trials. Like Ann, I've not heard of taking it without Norvir.

RobbyR:
Everyone's experience is different. For me, Atripla was the first HIV drug I took, and it worked wonders for me. It kept me undetectable the whole time I was on it. And overall (other than first week feeling extremely loopy and stoned). I never had really weird dreams on it. After about a year on it I started having slight bouts of anxiety. I also had bouts of strange thoughts and sometimes downright sadness. I also had some dizziness, and having a LOT of trouble falling asleep at night, when I had never had that problem before. The sleep problem was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. So all in all I liked Atripla and it did a lot of good things for me, but in the end I decided to take my doc's advice and try a similar medication, Complera, which does not have the sustiva in it. I just needed my sleep, but wanted to stick to a very similar medicine, so Complera was what I decided on. You have to do your research and decide what med combo you think will best suit your needs. Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version